Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope Pacquaio/Mayweather don't end up like Washed up Lewis vs Zombie Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Pacquaio/Mayweather don't end up like Washed up Lewis vs Zombie Tyson

If the fight ever happens I don't want that farce back in the early 2000's. I guess non educated boxing fans will say 'wow Lennox beat Tyson down hard'. He did, but it was like watching a has been beat up a has has has been.

This will be essentially Mayweather vs Pac in 2014. Floyd is already slowing down. Pac has slowed down significantly.2013 is the last possible year. If it goes later, it will be a washed up ATG beating up a really washed up ATG.

Get your **** straight. Mayweather is no where near a washed up Tyson!

Comment

Both are STILL two of the top fighters in the world. But the time is ticking. 2013 may be the last year that it's two top fighters, because who knows what they'll be like in 2014.

But to get to the Lewis-Tyson level of way way way past it, they'd have to fight in 2015/2016 probably. Tyson hadn't had a single legit win in like 3-4 years when that fight went down.

Floyd just beat the #1 SWW and went up to a weight he's uncomfortable at to do so, and Pac should have just beaten a prime/top 10 P4P and unbeaten fighter. Both are still very good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Both are STILL two of the top fighters in the world. But the time is ticking. 2013 may be the last year that it's two top fighters, because who knows what they'll be like in 2014.

But to get to the Lewis-Tyson level of way way way past it, they'd have to fight in 2015/2016 probably. Tyson hadn't had a single legit win in like 3-4 years when that fight went down.

Floyd just beat the #1 SWW and went up to a weight he's uncomfortable at to do so, and Pac should have just beaten a prime/top 10 P4P and unbeaten fighter. Both are still very good fighters.
        I think Pacquaio will regress pretty fast starting from 2013 and I think so will Floyd. I honestly don't think 2015/2016 is their 'shot year'. I think 2014 -they done. This is lower weights, it ages much faster than higher weights and signs are happening. I think 2013 is it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

When I say 'washed up' I mean by their super elite standards. Of course they will still be elite fighters. Think about it. Will you fancy Alexander Povetkin against 2002 Tyson? Really? 2002-2003 Lewis is still very elite and will probably beat 90% of all the ATG'S h2h. I'm just saying their regression is pretty evident for any HW fans. Tyson more so but so was Lewis. It was like watching a Lewis in slow motion as compare to the late 90's Lewis. Even the Grant Lewis would have taken 2002 Tyson out in 3 rounds.

Comment

Floyd is like where Ali was in 73'. He's still a top fighter and has a couple years left I think before he's done. Manny is like where Frazier was in 73-74. He's not in his prime but he still has a year or two of TOP FIGHTING left.

If Manny was really that past it, he would have lost to Bradley, because everyone knows he didn't.

Comment

Working...
            X