Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T.I. View Post
    Yes, masked for urine test.

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."
    Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    lol somebody's not paying attention...must be a severe case of lack of reading comprehension.
    Yea I definitely think so

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters-
      Wait........is it referring to blood transfusion right?
      No...I'm so shocked people aren't understanding what he's saying. Then again, that's what happens when you're looking for proof to support your argument rather than just facts in general. EPO can be detected inurine in within the span of a day. It is very hard to detect it in urine for that reason - it's why most people caught using EPO are caught using the blood test. Which leads to my second point. When he says the transfusions won't give you much concern because it can be detected after 14 days anyway, he is referring to the BLOOD test. Because that is the ONLY test that is reliable over a time period because it isn't looking for a particular PED, it's looking at your hermaticrit levels and RBC. It measures that count over time and the accompanying percentages. Hence, if you stop it the blood testing at a certain point, something like EPO - or any other form of blood doping - can be very, very hard to detect.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        No...I'm so shocked people aren't understanding what he's saying. Then again, that's what happens when you're looking for proof to support your argument rather than just facts in general. EPO can be detected inurine in within the span of a day. It is very hard to detect it in urine for that reason - it's why most people caught using EPO are caught using the blood test. Which leads to my second point. When he says the transfusions won't give you much concern because it can be detected after 14 days anyway, he is referring to the BLOOD test. Because that is the ONLY test that is reliable over a time period because it isn't looking for a particular PED, it's looking at your hermaticrit levels and RBC. It measures that count over time and the accompanying percentages. Hence, if you stop it the blood testing at a certain point, something like EPO - or any other form of blood doping - can be very, very hard to detect.
        That's what I'm looking for. I don't really have an argument about this issue.

It's a shame you cant accept that I genuinely didn't understand. Thanks for explaining it to me. But next time don't make assumptions.
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-09-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

there are certain things that you're not going to find in the blood, that you can only find in urine, like most forms of EPO, steroids, designer steroids, insulin....tygart

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            there are certain things that you're not going to find in the blood, that you can only find in urine, like most forms of EPO, steroids, designer steroids, insulin....tygart
            No kidding. What's your point? Should I son you now or later?

Comment

No kidding. What's your point? Should I son you now or later?
              lol can't you see my point? i actually agree with you that epo can be very, very hard to detect by blood if you stop blood testing mr. peds expert

Comment

lol can't you see my point? i actually agree with you that epo can be very, very hard to detect by blood if you stop blood testing mr. peds expert
                Womp womp. Don't catch feelings.

Comment

Womp womp. Don't catch feelings.
                  so what's the best way to detect epo?

Comment

so what's the best way to detect epo?
                    What is EPO? Don't copy and paste please.

Comment

What is EPO? Don't copy and paste please.
                      lol you're the peds expert so you tell me...i'm your student right now that's why i'm asking questions. you quiz me later after the lecture

Comment

Working...
                      X