Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wake Up America: The Klitschkos Deserve More Respect (Huffington Post Article)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Theyre not disrespected in America, Americans just don't like watching them. Lewis/Klitschko was a big deal here, but since then interest has faded because, as the numbers have show, Americans buyers want to see EXCITING FIGHTS.

Again, no disrespect, but they put a lot of fans to sleep. Even Vlads trainer was telling him to stop being so clinical and go get rough against Chambers.

If they actually got in and banged they would knock most guys out in the first four rounds and be popular over here. But that would also mean taking risks, which is something theyve learned to avoid.
    They might not KO early every fight but go and check how many men have actually seen the final bell against the Klitschkos.
    Infact I will tell you...
    Out of their 93 wins only 5 men have seen the distance

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
      They might not KO early every fight but go and check how many men have actually seen the final bell against the Klitschkos.

yikes. owned

Comment

It's like this.

Lets say tree trimming was a popular event. Nobody wants to watch a guy chip away at a big tree with a hand axe.

They want to see a guy go out and hammer it down as quick as possible.

For some reason a lot of European fighters have adopted this pitter patter style of fighting, and while you can have success with that style with the right opposition, it's never going to get your respect from real fight fans, and it's definitely not what American's want to watch.

Our boxing history consists of fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey, Sonny Liston, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson.

Those guys were warriors who always gave the people their money's worth, because that's what people pay to see.

If you are a fan of the Klits/Lewis, that's fine, but you can't expect everybody to have the same level of respect for them, or appreciate what they do for the sport.

There's a reason the mass majority of people don't care for them, and it has nothing to do with their race, creed, religion, no matter how people overseas try to twist it.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          It's like this.

Lets say tree trimming was a popular event. Nobody wants to watch a guy chip away at a big tree with a hand axe.

They want to see a guy go out and hammer it down as quick as possible.

For some reason a lot of European fighters have adopted this pitter patter style of fighting, and while you can have success with that style with the right opposition, it's never going to get your respect from real fight fans, and it's definitely not what American's want to watch.

Our boxing history consists of fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey, Sonny Liston, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson.

Those guys were warriors who always gave the people their money's worth, because that's what people pay to see.

If you are a fan of the Klits/Lewis, that's fine, but you can't expect everybody to have the same level of respect for them, or appreciate what they do for the sport.

There's a reason the mass majority of people don't care for them, and it has nothing to do with their race, creed, religion, no matter how people overseas try to twist it.
          are you black, and if you are do is that why you think the klits are bad boxers, cause they are great fighters.......................................... ........

Comment

I'm very aware, but how many boxers have they taken out within the last decade the before the 5th round??

5. combined. And these are heavyweights.

They are completely clinical in their breakdown of guys until all they have to do is practically push them over, a la chambers last week.

Makes for an impressive resume and boring boxing matches.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
              are you black, and if you are do is that why you think the klits are bad boxers, cause they are great fighters.......................................... ........
              I am 1/4 Mexican, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 English and 1/4 Dutch/other European stuff.

I am a 3rd Generation American.

I think they're boring boxers and I wouldn't pay a dime to watch them fight, I didn't say they were bad. If a record means you're good, then they're good.

I don't measure boxers by a W column.

Comment

Not all Americans having anything against them so whats the point of this thread again?

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                  Not all Americans having anything against them so whats the point of this thread again?
                  the point is that the klitschkos are relevant enough to have an article backing them up in a top rated news site. if you're too butthurt to accept that then go find another thread to troll.

Comment

Great article, even better conversation going on about the article in the comments section. I may do my boxing talk over there from now on

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
                      The TS seems to believe that they don't get the respect they're due because they're not American.

I posted my opinion and somebody asked me if I were black.

Now that I posted my ethnicity, I doubt he'll even respond, because the only argument they can have is racism.

Comment

Working...
                      X