Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why come bodyshots made the difference for ward, but when Maidana beat floyds body,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
    everyone overlooked it?

Seems to be the only thing that ward sympathizers have to lean on, "he did more body work", as if somehow, he gets extra credit for tapping Kovalevs sides.

But when Maidana was battering Floyds body in the first fight,

*crickets*
    ?

Ward didn't outbox Kovalev. Didn't outslug him. Didn't control the pace. Had no effective aggression, very little defense.

So how did he win so many rounds?

Oh yea,

bodywork.
    Bravo, bravo green K sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      So why did Kovalev slow down???

He's soft downstairs...like most juicers.
      If that would be the case ,Floyd would be weak af to the body

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        For starters, Mayweather didn't slow where as Kovalev did and as a result ended up losing most of the second half. Bad comparison really...
        kovalev always slows down near the last quarter wtf you talking about stop making excuses up smfh.

Comment

Not sure about the comparison but if Ward was this killer body puncher in the Kovalev fight ,then Frazier must be a mass murderer in the Ali ones . Where is this great body work clinic ? I saw a few hard ones after rnd 6 ,tell me this wasnt the reason you guys think Ward won?

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            So why did Kovalev slow down???

He's soft downstairs...like most juicers.
            Roiders tend to have a strong core, ask Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              He still finished stronger in the Chilemba fight. That and you ignore his very obvious reactions to taking those shots. I'm not saying Kovalev is some marathon runner. But he definitely felt those shots and they definitely affected his performance. Btw, I think Kov won due to that KD. But Wards body work got him back in the fight. I think we shall see this fight at least once more.
              he feel shots ,like its a fight ,but he was never hurt and running like Ward when he was hurt .Im not saying he wasnt working to the body ,but he didnt done enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Loool great point

Black lives matter movement jus got destroyed again

Kova landed almost twice as many punches in 2nd half of fight. Ward just got better. Ward didnt do much damage at all

You're showing a pathetic combination of ignorance and insecurity.

Ward did something to Kovalev down.

I wonder if it had anything to do with bodywork??

Comment

Maidana's inside dirty body work was actually a lot cleaner and easier to score than Ward's and he's called a sloppy street fighter/brawler

Ward was more or less just wiggling around and harmlessly punching Kovalev on the hip and waist in the clinch and it's "Sweet science boxing"

lmao literally no matter what he does it immediately becomes a high leve, master boxing strategy, even if its basically panicking after getting dropped

once a cliche is created about a fighter everyone is afraid to disagree

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Roiders tend to have a strong core, ask Floyd.
                    Roiders always step out and tug on their trunks....like Manny and Kovalev.

Roiders NEVER take bodyshots well.

Comment

trolls aside, when you have posters saying, "it was close" "it could have gone either way" or "i can make a case for kovalev winning too", that's their way of saying: "yeah, they fucking robbed him, we know it but since we were cheering for the other guy we don't give a fuck lol"

Comment

Working...
                      X