Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Says Kovalev Was NOT Biggest Challenge, Biggest Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
    He earned it? He barely squeaked out a controversial decision. Let him dominate then he can talk ****.

**** I didn't know someone could be such a sore winner.
    It's because he knows he didn't win. And because he's always been a delusional piece of ****.

Do you know that after he beat Froch, in the post fight interview he said he didn't just want to thank God, but he said "I want to thank all the Saints for praying for me." He literally thinks the Catholic Saints are up in heaven praying for him to win boxing matches, or some ****. Like I'm 99% sure I heard him say that lol....

It actually gives Ward an advantage in the ring though. He has the belief and determination of a total brainwashed zealot. I think he truly does believe he was like chosen by God to be a champion, so even when he's getting his ass beat he must be like, "But I still know I will get the decision because God chose me! I will keep going because God chose me!"

He probably already convinced himself at least consciously that he won the fight. "God is the best judge. I wouldn't have gotten the decision if it wasn't justified. And for it to be justified, I must have won, even if I don't remember actually doing **** in the fight. God knows better than I do. I won!"

Boxing is ****ed man. People like Floyd and Ward keep getting favoritism in boxing... the sport will die. The PPV buys in the U.S. right now are with the black audience so boxing is pandering to them, but they are making the same mistake the Democratic party did. Yes, you might be getting more from black Americans right now, but white Americans are still 4x as much of the population. If Boxing (or the Dems had) actually stopped screwing those people, the white audience (or voter) would have returned by now and ended up being a bigger PPV audience. But instead they are shortsighted and just keep milking whatever is better now, at the price of losing out on 4x as much of the population who just want to see fair fights.

Like yeah, you can keep PPV money from the black audience coming by helping black fighters cheat, but then you lose the other 80% of the population. It's a big mistake by boxing. You heard so many stories on saturday of people inviting over 10 friends to watch Kovalev-Ward, and them saying they will never go back to boxing because of the robbery that happened. This happens every time so they are losing a much bigger audience than they are retaining.

Plus most black people are fair people (maybe not on NSB but in general) just like most white people. I doubt they would lose the black PPV audience just by being fair. If they were just fair to everyone, everyone would come to watch together, and people would come together in general, instead of one side feeling like they have to defend preferential treatment and then alienating everyone else who knows it wasn't fair. That's not how it should be.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 11-21-2016, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Now to some serious talk about this sport we all love.....the judges were clearly wrong to the point that now you got Son Of Bias Judges trying to discredit Kovalevs power and if I recall correctly Son Of Bias Judges hit the canvas

Comment

It's good that he feels this way.

Ward is saying Kovalev wasn't his toughest challenge. Kovalev is saying Ward isn't the master boxer everyone thinks he is.

A rematch is practically a given at this point. This is the fight game, and any mental edge is helpful. Not giving opponents any cred in the media is good, as long as both guys are able to look back and realize they gave each other a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          It's because he knows he didn't win. And because he's always been a delusional piece of ****.

Do you know that after he beat Froch, in the post fight interview he said he didn't just want to thank God, but he said "I want to thank all the Saints for praying for me." He literally thinks the Catholic Saints are up in heaven praying for him to win boxing matches, or some ****. Like I'm 99% sure I heard him say that lol....

It actually gives Ward an advantage in the ring though. He has the belief and determination of a total brainwashed zealot. I think he truly does believe he was like chosen by God to be a champion, so even when he's getting his ass beat he must be like, "But I still know I will get the decision because God chose me! I will keep going because God chose me!"

He probably already convinced himself at least consciously that he won the fight. "God is the best judge. I wouldn't have gotten the decision if it wasn't justified. And for it to be justified, I must have won, even if I don't remember actually doing **** in the fight. God knows better than I do. I won!"

Boxing is ****ed man. People like Floyd and Ward keep getting favoritism in boxing... the sport will die. The PPV buys in the U.S. right now are with the black audience so boxing is pandering to them, but they are making the same mistake the Democratic party did. Yes, you might be getting more from black Americans right now, but white Americans are still 4x as much of the population. If Boxing (or the Dems had) actually stopped screwing those people, the white audience (or voter) would have returned by now and ended up being a bigger PPV audience. But instead they are shortsighted and just keep milking whatever is better now, at the price of losing out on 4x as much of the population who just want to see fair fights.

Like yeah, you can keep PPV money from the black audience coming by helping black fighters cheat, but then you lose the other 80% of the population. It's a big mistake by boxing. You heard so many stories on saturday of people inviting over 10 friends to watch Kovalev-Ward, and them saying they will never go back to boxing because of the robbery that happened. This happens every time so they are losing a much bigger audience than they are retaining.

Plus most black people are fair people (maybe not on NSB but in general) just like most white people. I doubt they would lose the black PPV audience just by being fair. If they were just fair to everyone, everyone would come to watch together, and people would come together in general, instead of one side feeling like they have to defend preferential treatment and then alienating everyone else who knows it wasn't fair. That's not how it should be.
          It happened to me with my ufc friends....I invited them to the Crawford vs Postol fight and the fight was boring as hell but the action that was promised was deceptive.....this time I just kept it to jack daniels and myself and of course the old ball and chain

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            oh, now everyone who scored it for Kovalev is a casual?

That's rich. I'd love to hear more about it.
            You failed to read that correctly. "Robbery".
            As I said in this thread, I'm OK with people seeing it for Kovalev. There were close rounds. Rematch warranted.
            People crying robbery are acting like casuals is what I said. People who don't see a way Ward could have won just don't know how to score a fight.

That doesn't apply to all those who had Kovalev winning. I respect that view, even if I don't agree with it.

Comment

Ward adjusted and dominated the second half and in all probability he has the advantage in the second. Kovalev didn't change his strategy and Ward will have grown more into the weight. Anyone who thinks Kovalev won should watch the fight again without the commentary, you will be embarrassed at your ignorance.

Comment

kovalev was outboxed. somewhere GGG and his fan boys are happy that GGG ducked ward.

Comment

Jesus, Ward. Take your gift and lay low. People don't forget and the less of an idiot you show people you are the better. Floyd is hated but people want to WATCH him...learn from the Bradley incident that the few people who did like you, many of those will turn their backs. Just be quiet and gracious you got the call and work on what you can do differently in the rematch... Nobody REALLY thinks you won... Ward almost makes you not want to watch him fight again. Take it and go bro..just take it and go

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Jesus, Ward. Take your gift and lay low. People don't forget and the less of an idiot you show people you are the better. Floyd is hated but people want to WATCH him...learn from the Bradley incident that the few people who did like you, many of those will turn their backs. Just be quiet and gracious you got the call and work on what you can do differently in the rematch... Nobody REALLY thinks you won... Ward almost makes you not want to watch him fight again. Take it and go bro..just take it and go

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      One thing to walk away with a gifted decision that most people found absurd as ****.

It's another thing to talk shiiiit when your face looked beat up and your opponent looked like he didn't get hit all that much.

The best part is, all these Ward fans who claim he won, if they have a lick of boxing knowledge, they know deep down Kovalev worked Ward over.

Worse yet, Ward knows it. And that's why he will refuse to fight anywhere but the US. Will demand all American Refs.

Ward isn't p4p, he is a paper champion who win because of anti-Russian feeling, period.

KK and GGG fans in the aftermath of SOG

Comment

Working...
                      X