No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Opens As 10-1 Favorite Over Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    I think that it's just a place holder right now.
    I mean, -1000 for the favorite and -200 for the underdog?
    Give it a week or two.... I've seen stuff like that there before
    If I could get 10-1 odds on Rigo, I'd definitely be inclined to make a wager. Those kinds of odds on a fight like this can make the house turn its lights out.

Comment

I think that it's just a place holder right now.
      I mean, -1000 for the favorite and -200 for the underdog?
      Give it a week or two.... I've seen stuff like that there before
      Why wait?? If ur money's for Rigo, then bet for it now!!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        If I could get 10-1 odds on Rigo, I'd definitely be inclined to make a wager. Those kinds of odds on a fight like this can make the house turn its lights out.
        I would too even though I think Donaire would win.
        Too much value to pass up

Comment

I think it'll go down as the fight gets closer. May end at 5-6/1.

But for those riding hard for Rigo, lock in the odds and your bets before the odds go down.

Comment

I would too even though I think Donaire would win.
            Too much value to pass up
            Precisely. Even guys that favor Donaire, like us, would take those odds. Rigo is too dangerous to offer those odds. He's a good bet for an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Dontlet that article fool you, Rigo is a -200 underdog, meaning you have to place 100 down to win 50. Those are horrible odds for an "underdog", infect I've never seen that before. Donaire is not a real 10-1 underdog, they're just fcuking around

Comment

I am going to Bookmaker.com later one and wage 200 on it if they still got those odds

Comment

They're kind of fuzzy right now. I mean they have Rigo -200... that doesn't make any sense
                  Because those are the numbers they believe they need to attract roughly equal money on both side, I would also assume that is a typo and meant to be a +.

People saying what the odds should be, it isn't about actual chances it is about how people bet and Rigondeaux is much less known thus will draw in far less action. IF you like Rigondeaux you should bet on this fight, period because Nonito will be a bigger favorite than he deserves to be, purely on recognition (or dumb money).

Comment

This is taken from Betfair, which is a public betting exchange. It's NOT a bookmaker.

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. If Donaire is 1-10, you'd be expecting Rigondeaux to be 6-1, not the 10-21 that he is currently. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.

Essentially, I could go on Betfair now and offer 1-9 on Donaire and 1-2 on Rigondeaux and be the best odds. Like I say, it means nothing until either more people start offering odds on Betfair or the actual bookmakers start a market.
                    Last edited by Enzo Mc is SHIT; 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Dontlet that article fool you, Rigo is a -200 underdog, meaning you have to place 100 down to win 50. Those are horrible odds for an "underdog", infect I've never seen that before. Donaire is not a real 10-1 underdog, they're just fcuking around
                      Where did you see -200 for Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                      X