Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do casual or first time viewers of the sport notice that there are four champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do casual or first time viewers of the sport notice that there are four champions?

Thinking of May-Pac coming up, do you think casuals will notice that there are three world championship belts to declare one winner? Or do they just take the fight for what its advertised as and not looking into the finer details?

I remember when I first heard terms like "Undisputed Heavyweight Champion," I used to think they just added Undisputed because he fought his way through the rankings.

I don't think they care to be honest, they just want to see a good fight. None of my buddies even ask who the champ is usually.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they don't. I don't even pay attention who holds these belts. I judge by my eyes who I feel is the best in the division. I have no clue who holds what belt. Even my favorite fighters I don't know what belt they have nor do I care.

Comment

I think some of them have some exposure due to Pacquiao and Mayweather both being champions.....

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          I'm pretty sure they don't. I don't even pay attention who holds these belts. I judge by my eyes who I feel is the best in the division. I have no clue who holds what belt. Even my favorite fighters I don't know what belt they have nor do I care.
          Lol same here.

Comment

They don't give a crap about all the belts. They just want to see exciting fights.

Comment

they dont know shit, just look at hanzgruber.

Comment

Yes and no, I think anyone who watches a bit of boxing knows about the belt deal but knowing the real deal with it is a totally different matter.

I think most casual fans just accept fights though, if they get further into the sport they start looking deeper. That is what really separate out casual fans from hardcores, knowing the details and I mean like every detail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Yes and no, I think anyone who watches a bit of boxing knows about the belt deal but knowing the real deal with it is a totally different matter.

I think most casual fans just accept fights though, if they get further into the sport they start looking deeper. That is what really separate out casual fans from hardcores, knowing the details and I mean like every detail.
                  It just grinds my gears when people are convinced Algieri belonged in the ring with Pacquiao or that Leo Santa Cruz is "the" (WBC) Super Bantamweight Champion of the world according to Jimmy Lennon Jr.

Comment

When i was watching a Klitschko fight with friends, when the fighters were in the ring they were all like "WTF how many belts?". I decided not to tell them that wasn't even all of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X