Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito-truth or fiction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to use this thread to comment on how disgusted I was with Jim Lampley's commentary on HBO. Just like in the first fight, he only called what Cotto was doing well. It is no coincidence. Then after the fight he makes subtle insinuations about Margarito's power, rather than being blunt and standing behind his genuine view. I have no respect for that type of passive/aggressive insinuation, and after seeing Pac-JMM III and MC-AM II, I've lost all respect for Lampley's objectivitey. It's bad enough that he is generally ****ty at doing basic blow by blow.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Back on topic, I'm not really sure what too think, does anyone know if the official documents on the wraps have been released to the public ?, haven't seen any. He wasn't caught using anything previously so I don't believe he did and no one can prove it without any solid evidence, I think he probably knew something was wrong with the wraps but is lying, but I think he only used them for the Mosley fight, in between both options on the poll.
      Either way he lost a lot in that fight and after it clearly, Mosley and Pac gave him some career ending beatings, he would of never been as good as he was after them.
      Good comments NChristo. From every account, Margarito was 40 lbs overweight when he started training for Mosley. My view is that Margarito's trainer knew he wasn't fit enough to beat Mosley so he tried a shortcut. What so many don't realize is that in every single fight Margarito had, those wraps were signed off on by both the commission and the opponents rep. I can see it maybe slipping through once or twice, but everytime?

Comment

You cant prove it nor disprove it but still how is what margarito was caught doing once any different then rusto? Like jab said you should always know how your hands aré wrapped. I just dont see how can u defend margarito but hate on rusto who paid his dues where margarito continues to collect paychecks to fight.

Rusto has been through hell and never came back he probably will never be able to make a respectable living again. Thats not good enough? Even murderers can change. MLK jr forgave his fathers assassin face to face. Rusto has gained my respect and forgiveness. Margarito gets away with it after a slap on the wrist. I believe because of the karma margarito has gotten. Open 2 tabs and look at margarito post pac, then collins post rusto, complete resemblance. Then cotto spanked him fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          You cant prove it nor disprove it but still how is what margarito was caught doing once any different then rusto? Like jab said you should always know how your hands aré wrapped. I just dont see how can u defend margarito but hate on rusto who paid his dues where margarito continues to collect paychecks to fight.

Rusto has been through hell and never came back he probably will never be able to make a respectable living again. Thats not good enough? Even murderers can change. MLK jr forgave his fathers assassin face to face. Rusto has gained my respect and forgiveness. Margarito gets away with it after a slap on the wrist. I believe because of the karma margarito has gotten. Open 2 tabs and look at margarito post pac, then collins post rusto, complete resemblance. Then cotto spanked him fair and square.
          Show me where I'm defending Margarito please ?, I'm not defending him at all I'm just stating the facts do you think I'm defending Margarito by hating on a murderer ?, I can hate on 'Resto' as much as I like because he lead a man into suicide, I don't understand how you can respect a man that has done that at all. He doesn't deserve a respectable living and of course it's not good enough, he took the life of Billy Collins, I don't know how you can 'respect' someone for getting what he deserves, it doesn't make any sense, it's like saying you respect a criminal who has done something horrible for doing time in prison.

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
          ou cant prove it nor disprove it but still how is what margarito was caught doing once any different then rusto?
          Oh I don't know probably because Margarito didn't actually use the wraps, he didn't commit assault like Resto did, he was caught with dodgy wraps and it was sorted out on the spot, again I'm going to ask for Official documentation because I and everyone else still has yet too see what was wrong with them and that's what it mostly comes down too. Resto and Lewis removed padding from Resto's gloves and encased his wraps in some form of substance, these are facts which are well documented, Resto then some how got into the ring and destroyed Collins' life, whose life did Margarito destroy ?, who did Margarito make blind ?, was Margarito the reason someone took their life away from their family ?.
          That's the difference between them, I'm not defending Margarito at all, what he did was wrong but it was nothing close to what Resto did.
          Last edited by NChristo; 12-05-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I don't blame resto 100% because collins killed himself. Yeah his boxing career was over but not his life. He went into deep depression and drank hard.

And I still don't believe marg used loaded wraps. I'm telling you, cotto would be much more damaged if he did. With loaded wraps, even a guy like malignaggi could break facial bones through gloves.

Comment

Working...
            X