Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do GGG/Brook criticizers give Floyd no credit for beating JMM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Where do you stand on that fight ?
    I looked at it as a hall of famer and top P4Per jumping up in weight to upset the fighter regarded as the best in the world and/or the sports biggest star

I would have rather he fought Mosley at the time, or a welterweight, but Hey JMM tried to one up his rival Manny by fighting Floyd and beating him.

no different than Mosley skipping 140 to fight DLH, or Duran facing Leonard and so on

GGG vs Brook on the other hand is an unproven titlist from 147 jumping a division to fight another good fighter

gotta look at the context of the fights

the aforementioned fights included proven all time greats and hall of famers, considered and PROVEN to be top 5 in the world p4p whereas GGG vs Brook is a fight between two guys who havent even established themselves as the best in their own respective division.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I looked at it as a hall of famer and top P4Per jumping up in weight to upset the fighter regarded as the best in the world and/or the sports biggest star

I would have rather he fought Mosley at the time, or a welterweight, but Hey JMM tried to one up his rival Manny by fighting Floyd and beating him.

no different than Mosley skipping 140 to fight DLH, or Duran facing Leonard and so on

GGG vs Brook on the other hand is an unproven titlist from 147 jumping a division to fight another good fighter

gotta look at the context of the fights

the aforementioned fights included proven all time greats and hall of famers, considered and PROVEN to be top 5 in the world p4p whereas GGG vs Brook is a fight between two guys who havent even established themselves as the best in their own respective division.
      Good post can't hate on it

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        ggg and brook are on the same level...what this fight make for a big mismatch is ggg's 2-weight level above brook.

floyd on the other hand was on a higher level than jmm when they fought plus the 2-weight advantage actually makes floyd-jmm a bigger mismatch than ggg-brook
        floyd was on a higher level than every one near his size....does that mean all his fights were mismatches?

JMM is a future hall of famer and all time great....I commend him for daring to be great

Mayweather fought from 130-154 and moved up 4 times in his career. Only JMM, philip Ndo and Hatton had the balls to fight him right after moving up to his division. they dared to be great

GGG and brook havent even cleaned up their own division, whereas Mayweather and JMM were the best in their divisions and all time greats, p4p among the best, and 2 of the best of their generation

I wasnt very high on the fight(may vs jmm)but Brook and GGG should be clearing their division instead of fighting each other since they have much to proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Good post can't hate on it

Comment

floyd was on a higher level than every one near his size....does that mean all his fights were mismatches?

JMM is a future hall of famer and all time great....I commend him for daring to be great

Mayweather fought from 130-154 and moved up 4 times in his career. Only JMM, philip Ndo and Hatton had the balls to fight him right after moving up to his division. they dared to be great

GGG and brook havent even cleaned up their own division, whereas Mayweather and JMM were the best in their divisions and all time greats, p4p among the best, and 2 of the best of their generation

I wasnt very high on the fight(may vs jmm)but Brook and GGG should be clearing their division instead of fighting each other since they have much to proof.

what the fcuk are you defensive on about? did I say something wrong in my post? show me

Comment

• not many Floyd fans boasted in the win, it was still a pretty good win because of how easy it was and how good JMM was. it was really the pac fans and Floyd haters who made a big deal of Floyd "forcing" (although he asked to move up) JMM to come up in weight and then the 2 pound situation, JMM is not one of the fights we Floyd fans bring up much. also GGG is knocking out everyone at his own weight not just outboxing them so looking 2 divisions down.....?? I guess

Comment

what the fcuk are you defensive on about? did I say something wrong in my post? show me
                so me putting things in its proper context is me being defensive??....oooook

people on this site are a trip.....man I didnt know they created a cyber psychologist program.

the two fights are similar but not the same situation is all i pointed out. nothing more or less

Also Mayweather turned pro at 130, JMM 126

whereas GGG is a career middleweight and Brook is a career welter

i didnt know stating facts meant being defensive, now I know

Comment

so me putting things in its proper context is me being defensive??....oooook

people on this site are a trip.....man I didnt know they created a cyber psychologist program.

the two fights are similar but not the same situation is all i pointed out. nothing more or less

Also Mayweather turned pro at 130, JMM 126

whereas GGG is a career middleweight and Brook is a career welter

i didnt know stating facts meant being defensive, now I know

so you can't see anything wrong in my post? that's what I thought

and what's your point about floyd turning pro at 130? does that justify the fact that he can't make 144 and turned his back on the catchweight agreement?

you can put a flower on top of a ***** and is still a ***** so keep your facts to yourself...nobody wants them.

Comment

and what's your point about floyd turning pro at 130? does that justify the fact that he can't make 144 and turned his back on the catchweight agreement?

you can put a flower on top of a ***** and is still a ***** so keep your facts to yourself...nobody wants them.
                    you mad

Comment

Floyd fought JMM after a 2 year layoff.
                      He used one of the best fighters in the world as a tuneup

GGG is not coming off a long layoff.

Comment

Working...
                      X