No announcement yet.

Boxing equipment review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing equipment review

I get some stuff once in a while, mostly for the people at my gym since I get the trainers discount at both Title and Ringside. I sold my old headgear because my wife wanted me to get the full face headgear and I also bought some sparring gloves Ringside had on sale. So here's the review....

http://www.ringside.com/Deluxe-Face-...ductinfo/DFSH/

I ordered this a while back, finally got it in and used it this past weekend and did 4 rounds with it on. First off, I have sort of a big head (I'm Mexican what the fuk do you want from me?) and the head gear only comes in L/XL so I was a bit worried because I usually order XL.

At first it felt a little small but then I really took the time to adjust it and it felt just fine. As a matter of fact, it felt better than the last head gear I had. The visibility was very good and the face bar was solid. It also wasn't real heavy but wasn't really light either. The inside feels nice and it absorbs sweat really well.

The construction was very good as well and had great protection on the forehead and around the ears. It only comes in red, I would have liked a black one better but it does look really nice. The straps are solid construction and overall just a solid piece of equipment for the price. I paid about $70 with the discount I get and it beats paying hundreds for Winning or Everlast top quality stuff.

I did 4 hard rounds and it protected my mouth and nose very well. I would recommend this if you want that full face protection.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Solid piece of equipment.

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-IMF...ctinfo/MFTG+E/

I ordered these for a kid at the gym that was looking for good sparring gloves. One thing you need to be weary of is when the description DOESN'T mention "all leather construction" it means they are not leather but they just don't mention it. These are synthetic leather, that's why they are $34.00.

Even though they are not leather, they are very well made. Great protection for the hand, fit really well and have the same feel as the IMF leather Ringside which IMO are great gloves.

They are a little tight if you have a wide hand like I do, especially if you wear wraps with a knuckle pad over them to protect your hands the way I do. They don't seem to need any time to break in, even though I'm sure in time they will feel even better than brand new.

The construction seems Ringside quality and I ordered the white 16oz one's for him and they look really sharp.

The down side is the sleeve that they come with that you need to slip down after you put on the glove and attach the velcro. It's a pain in the ass and you need someone else to help you with it, there's no way you can do it on your own.

Some have suggested cutting that sleeve but it's kind of attached to the leather strap in the middle so I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Overall they look great, are built very well and the fit is very good. Downside is they are not leather, are little tight and you will need someone to help you put them on but for the price of $34.00, they might be the best sparring gloves for the price.

I give them a 3.5 stars out of 5
Working...
X