No announcement yet.

Why do people claim GGG ducked Ward??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people claim GGG ducked Ward??

Please explain this to me. How and when did GGG duck Ward. Last I checked Ward is having promotional problems.

GGG's team said they would fight anyone from 154 to 168. Ward tried to take them up on that and they declined saying that their focus was cleaning out 160.
    Soon thereafter Ward began his second legal dispute with his promoter, so he's on the shelf atm.

Comment

I dont think the first legal dispute even ended. Dwyer said something about the judge agreeing with him and somehow it was a win. Was this fight going to be on HBO PPV?

Comment

Now it kinda looks like that because GGG said he wasn't ready to go up yet but now he's going up to fight Chavez.

Comment

GGG isn't "ducking" Ward.

How many karate steps did it take for somebody on here to come to that conclusion?

Golovkin has options at 160 and 168, before Ward steps out of his announcers shell, and fights again.

And I'm saying this as a Ward backer.

Comment

Ggg and team seem in no hurry to take up wards challenge

Comment

Because he wasn't trying to go to 168 to challenge Ward but is willing to go there for JCC Jr. which is an easier fight.

I certainly wouldn't call it that but by how a lot of people call it that is what they would have to say that at least if they care about not look like a hypocrit (which most probably don't sadly)

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Ggg and team seem in no hurry to take up wards challenge
                Ward is knee deep in legal papers. Why sit around waiting to see what his lawyers come up with?

Comment

because people like to say fighters are ducking but i think it comes down to him saying hed fight anyone from 154-175 when he didnt even kinda mean it.

Comment

168, Jr and GGG is a money fight.

Froch and Groves II, the same.

All of them get beat by Ward. But probably nowhere near the money gained for all involved for a matchup.

Better strike while the iron is hot.

Comment

Working...
                    X