No announcement yet.

Should I get my car A/C fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get my car A/C fixed?

I have a 2000 Honda Civic with close to 150,000 miles on it. The A/c broke and the Honda dealership said it would cost 1,500 to fix and pepboys said it would be 1,100. I have the money to get it fixed but I dont know if its worth it. Currently I only drive at 7:30-8:30 and 5:30-6:30 so it hasnt been a big issue.

Should I just buy a new car or get the A/C fixed. My car runs great and I'd like to keep it for a few more years but Im worried it might have some unforeseeable problems after I get it fixed.

I live in South Florida...
    Last edited by Hous; 06-01-2011, 06:27 AM.

So yeah your Civic isn't worth more than 2500 - 3 grand right now. I think that's a waste of money.

With that over 1k you could sell your civic, put the money together and buy yourself a dope ass used Z28 Camaro with AC, plus it's just a monster car. Might get you about 10-12 mpg less in fuel, but they're sick.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
      I have a 2000 Honda Civic with close to 150,000 miles on it. The A/c broke and the Honda dealership said it would cost 1,500 to fix and pepboys said it would be 1,100. I have the money to get it fixed but I dont know if its worth it. Currently I only drive at 7:30-8:30 and 5:30-6:30 so it hasnt been a big issue.

Should I just buy a new car or get the A/C fixed. My car runs great and I'd like to keep it for a few more years but Im worried it might have some unforeseeable problems after I get it fixed.

I live in South Florida...
      did they say what the problem is that it need to be fixed in order to get the ac working or is it just that the whole ac needs to be replaced?

Comment

Find somebody to do it on the side. 1,100 is alot of money for air on a 2000 honda with 150,000 miles on it. If you could make an insurance claim they might total out the car because repairs cost as much or more than the blue book value. Come to think of it, you might be able to get a different car for that much if you shopped around and sell this one "as is". Either way I bet it is going to be a humid summer without some air conditioning. Sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

Compressor, Blower Motor, Expansion Valve...

Comment

Camaro time buddy.

Chevy truck engine in a car, built like a cheap workhorse. Everyone loves it, it's cheap to fix, and is really fast and sleek.

Gets you to work and never fails, and has the power to butt rape most stupid import/domestics that aren't suped up.

Nobody can argue against owning a Chevrolet Camaro.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Use that money for a down payment for a new car. Buy American!

Comment

So you don't have any air flow when the blower motor is on? I can't see why they would throw that in the estimate if its working fine.

Why not find a second hand compressor and do it yourself?

You will have to still take it somewhere to have the A/C recharged but it won't cost you an arm and a leg.
                Last edited by -Jay-; 06-02-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                  Camaro time buddy.

Chevy truck engine in a car, built like a cheap workhorse. Everyone loves it, it's cheap to fix, and is really fast and sleek.

Gets you to work and never fails, and has the power to butt rape most stupid import/domestics that aren't suped up.

Nobody can argue against owning a Chevrolet Camaro.
                  Handles like a boat? And I have a 2L 4 banger that would blow the doors off a Camaro in a straight line and massacre it in the corners. And gas prices won't help you out there either.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                    Use that money for a down payment for a new car. Buy American!
                    That line is played out when many foreign cars are actually made in America now.

Comment

Working...
                    X