Who has a greater legacy? Hopkins vs Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
    It's not a popularity contest.
    Don't fool yourself into thinking boxing experts determine the quality of one's legacy.

Comment

Anyway...the rest of the world has a more accurate take on American boxers than Americans. Boxers like Bhop & Floyd are fantastic propagandists...in America & UK.

Comment

Jones would beat Hopkins in a H2H battle but resume wise, Hopkins edges it imo

Comment

Hopkins never ben stopped, we seen Roy get ko'd a couple of times...

Comment

RJJ by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by djinferno View Post
              Hopkins never ben stopped, we seen Roy get ko'd a couple of times...
              Then that means Ricardo Lopez was greater than Ali which we know is not true. KO'd past your prime does not count.

Comment

I think their legacies are neck and neck. Personally I'd rank Hopkins a little higher because of the fact that Roy continues to fight (even though he's shot to pieces) and I feel like he's tarnishing his legacy a bit. It also helps that Hopkins is schooling youngin's and he's 189 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by frankieclutch View Post
                  i think their legacies are neck and neck. Personally i'd rank hopkins a little higher because of the fact that roy continues to fight (even though he's shot to pieces) and i feel like he's tarnishing his legacy a bit. It also helps that hopkins is schooling youngin's and he's 189 years old.
                  this....................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                    Anyway...the rest of the world has a more accurate take on American boxers than Americans. Boxers like Bhop & Floyd are fantastic propagandists...in America & UK.
                    Please dont put Floyd and BHOP in the same sentence. Thanks.

Comment

This is too close to call

Hopkins will be remembered for his dominance at 160 and I rank him as the greatest MW of all time. And then all the wins after that at the age hes doing it at. I don't think we'll ever see again

RJJ was the best fighter on the planet during part of the 90's and 00's. And he went up from MW to HW. If you consider his legacy than you have to consider his losses.

If I had to pick one I would pick BHop

Comment

Working...
                      X