Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: Nothing Special About Kell Brook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give Kotelnik his W back.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      Not really, it was a close fight. Several boxing writers had Devon winning. Just because someone loses a close fight, doesn't make it a robbery.

I will say this was a much closer fight than the Kotelnik fight, a fight I thought Devon won comfortably.
      Ukrainian boxing writers or American boxing writers?

#noamsayin'

Anyhow, I agree with Alexander. Hopeful that Brook proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Ukrainian boxing writers or American boxing writers?

#noamsayin'

Anyhow, I agree with Alexander. Hopeful that Brook proves me wrong.

I hear ya, it was a close fight. Hell, I am probably the biggest Devon Alexander fan on this site. but I thought it was a very close fight that I felt Devon might lose before they read the scores. However, Rafael and others made good arguments for Devon and it was a close fight and after watching it several times I can see arguments for either guy winning. Thus, it's not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
          I hear ya, it was a close fight. Hell, I am probably the biggest Devon Alexander fan on this site. but I thought it was a very close fight that I felt Devon might lose before they read the scores. However, Rafael and others made good arguments for Devon and it was a close fight and after watching it several times I can see arguments for either guy winning. Thus, it's not a robbery.
          Well whatever about the decisions no one can deny he takes on strong opponents. He's on a Froch-esque run, only 10 years younger.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Well whatever about the decisions no one can deny he takes on strong opponents. He's on a Froch-esque run, only 10 years younger.
            Exactly, he never takes an easy fight. Hell, even though Brook is still a big question mark it's a tough fight. Gotta give the guy respect, if every division's top 10 fought the best every time this sport would be rocking again like it was 25 years ago.

Comment

This is a great opportunity for Kell Brook, Alexander is a name but very beatable. He already lost to Bradley, Matthyse and Kotelnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                This is a great opportunity for Kell Brook, Alexander is a name but very beatable. He already lost to Bradley, Matthyse and Kotelnik.
                Most people thought Mayweather lost the first fight against Castillo. But judges didn't and he still has his 0. Last time i checked Devon's record is 24-1 and his last 6 opponents were world class fighter's. Brook's last 6 opponents were washed up "BUMS".

Comment

Is Big Lou from St Louis by any chance?

Comment

I never fully trust a fighter after they quit in the manner Alexander did against Bradley. If you don't have that self belief, you'll eventually wilt in the face of overwhelming threat. You have to be almost delusional in your self belief to even stand a chance at being a boxing champ. I'll be pulling for Alexander, but I have a bad feeling. I think he will lose to Brook. Which I genuinely hope does not happen, because Brook will just run back to the UK and defend his belt against bums for the rest of his career. That's not exciting.

Comment

Pot meet Kettle.

Comment

Working...
                      X