Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever get a bigger slice of the pie when fighting Delahoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pacman was guranted 6million n oscar was guranteed 20 million

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Some fights fell through because of that.

The Mayweather rematch fell through because Oscar was offering Floyd under 50-50[I think], and Floyd didn't want to accept cause he had beaten DLH already and thought he deserved more. And a Winky fight fell through because Winky didn't want to accept a guaranteed $6Mill+PPV incentives.

But DLH was the cash cow for all of his fights, so fighters had no choice but to bend down to him. Remember this guy came in with a decorated Olympic background, heartbreaking story of his mother, and was already popular with the women. So he was always like the A-Side of his fights.
      Mosley refused $12 million for the rematch saying that since he had beaten Oscar (and he beat him clearly) he deserved a 50-50 split, or at least a lot more thn $12 mill. Mosley, still unbeaten and having won over Oscar, had a huge reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
        Trinidad and Mosely also wanted bigger shares and they didn't fight Delahoya again (Mosley for a third time).
        Why do i think it was the second fight? My recollection is that they were going to have the return shortly after the first fight, and it fell through because Mosley refused the offer. And this was why the return didn't take place for 3 years instead of within the year. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
          Trinidad and Mosely also wanted bigger shares and they didn't fight Delahoya again (Mosley for a third time).
          When Oscar was asked, on camera, ( of which I have the video) if he would fight Trinidad in a return, he refused it. Money was not mentioned. Of course it may have been, during the real negotiarions. Not too long after this Papa Trinidad announced to Don King that their future price for any fight was $10 mill minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X