No announcement yet.

LHW - pick the winners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Johnson and Lopez would beat any of those guys at 175. Winky and Pavlik were catchweights because they were really middleweights and Pascal isn't as good as Yaqui or Johnson.

Winky and even Tarver would probable shut out Johnson and Lopez. Totally different caliber of fighters. LMAO I am done.

Pascal isn't even good but there is NOTHING that Lopez or Johnson accomplished that would separate them from Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Winky and even Tarver would probable shut out Johnson and Lopez. Totally different caliber of fighters. LMAO I am done.

Pascal isn't even good but there is NOTHING that Lopez or Johnson accomplished that would separate them from Pascal

What separates them is they fought a better level of competition in a much stronger era.

Comment

I think I kinda mucked up, seeing as BHop isn't a natural LHW. Let's just say the Hopkins that fought Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby
          Ok so they got beat by pretty much every good fighter they fought and so has Pascal what is your point? Since when does getting knocked out by great fighters make you more accomplished? Pascal's draw against Hopkins is equally or more impressive then anything Lopez or Johnson ever did.
          Sorry, you haven't seen these guys fight. Post deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Sorry, you haven't seen these guys fight. Post deleted.
            I have seen both Marvin Johnson and Yaqui Lopez. Johnson more then Lopez

Comment

Should include Harold Johnson in the Tornument.

He did beat the Two greatest LightHeavyweight's of all time, Charles and Moore, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He did beat the Two greatest LightHeavyweight's of all time, Charles and Moore, after all.
                Yes and he was a damn strong guy physically too! Marvelous boxer. One of my fav Philadelphia fighters.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post

Unlike Winky, Johnson and Lopez were real lightheavies and they would dominate him at 175.

And I don't need to point to "accomplishments" (code word for boxrec research) to know that Pascal wasn't as good, I've actually seen them fight. And Johnson being a multiple time world champion should count for something anyway.

Comment

Well I'm disgusted that Philadelphia Jack O'Brien ducked Harold Johnson,........ as Trojans-Le-Pew would say, "and don't give me any of this, OH BUT HE'S OLD rubbish"...................

Comment

Working...
                      X