No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    is her boyfriend not her brother or am I confused?
    It is.........the storyline is NOT predictable (if the show follows the book).

Comment

There is quite a few people here who read the books but won't watch the show.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        It is.........the storyline is NOT predictable (if the show follows the book).
        yea, im really wanting to read the book now.

jeffries post implied that he was just a boyfriend, not her damn BROTHER!!!
        :smileysex

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          yea, im really wanting to read the book now.

jeffries post implied that he was just a boyfriend, not her damn BROTHER!!!
          :smileysex
          I didn't read the book, so I wasn't sure whether he was a step brother, cousin or whatever because there was clearly some tie. Some sick sht if he's her brother. Might have to check out the book, though I'm not sure I want to get into a series of fiction books right now.

Comment

Anticipation for the series was described by various media outlets as extremely high, with a dedicated fan base closely following the show's development. By April 2011 multiple entertainment news outlets had described it as the most highly awaited television series of 2011.

The majority of reviews for the show were very positive, with critics noting the high production value, the well-realized world, compelling characters, and giving particular note to the strength of the child actors. Tim Goodman's review for The Hollywood Reporter stated, "a few minutes into HBO’s epic Game of Thrones series, it’s clear that the hype was right and the wait was worth it." Mary McNamara from the Los Angeles Times called it "...a great and thundering series of political and psychological intrigue bristling with vivid characters, cross-hatched with tantalizing plotlines and seasoned with a splash of fantasy." New York Post's Linda Stasi gave Thrones 3.5/4 stars stating, "The art direction, acting and incredible sets are as breathtaking as the massive scope of the series." Many critics praised Peter Dinklage for his portrayal of Tyrion Lannister, with Ken Tucker from Entertainment Weekly stating, "...if Dinklage doesn’t get an Emmy for his clever, rude Tyrion Lannister, I’ll be gobsmacked" and Mary McNamara from the Los Angeles Times stating, "If the man doesn't win an Emmy, heads should certainly roll."

As of April 27, 2011 (2011 -04-27), Game of Thrones has a Metacritic average of 79 out of 100 based on 28 critic reviews, but scored an average of 9.0 out of 10 based on 176 viewer reviews, earning "universal acclaim." The strong viewing figures for the first episode prompted HBO to renew the show for a second season.

HBO announced that they would be commissioning a second season of the show following audience figures of approximately 4.2.million in the US for its April 17th premiere broadcast and a peak UK and Irish figure of 823,000 on April 18th

Told you all. this show > Spartacus.

Watching ep 6 after Bulls/Heat game 3.

Comment

Just caught episode 5. Finally a swordfight! I ****ing love this show, can't wait to watch the next episode. Sadly, I gotta wait until the torrent comes out. Oh well, usually doesn't take too long.

Comment

It's a good thing that HBO puts it on demand right after it airs. Too much great TV programming from now until midnight tonight.

Yeah I like this show alot. The story is pretty compelling and the acting is almost flawless.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I just saw a glimpse of this show last night.

It looks pretty interesting and might have to sit thru a few episodes to see if it's as good as ppl say.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                    I just saw a glimpse of this show last night.

It looks pretty interesting and might have to sit thru a few episodes to see if it's as good as ppl say.
                    HBO demand saved every episode so far.

If you start from the first and watch them all I'm sure you'll like this show. The only drawback I still say is the lack of sheer combat action. But that's been steadily increasing as the show progresses.

I just hope they budgeted the sci fi action where combat against creatures is a bigger facet in later episodes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                      HBO demand saved every episode so far.

If you start from the first and watch them all I'm sure you'll like this show. The only drawback I still say is the lack of sheer combat action. But that's been steadily increasing as the show progresses.

I just hope they budgeted the sci fi action where combat against creatures is a bigger facet in later episodes.
                      I saw the part where this woman(the queen?) was breastfeeding a not so young kid in front of a bunch of ppl.

I immediately knew I was gonna like this show.

Comment

Working...
                      X