Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire is the most athletically gifted fighter since Floyd jr. & Roy jones jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
    When has Pacquiao ever done anything technical? He basically just goes in and out. I've never seen him slip a punch then counterpunch. He just moves back as his opponent throw combo while taking most of the punches then he jumps forward and throws his own. He is all heart no brain.
    He can't even think for himself he relies on his advisers and Arum. I think Pacquiao means and wants to fight top opponents but Arum lies to him by telling he is fighting p4p fighters because Pacquiao can't read the p4p list.
    Pacquiao did not even know he is fighting Shane Mosley on Showtime. He said he was in the dark when negotiation were made. He is gifted physically not mentally.
    By the way, no *****.
    How ignorant this poster. You only see what you want to see.
    I suggest watch his last 10 fights again and please this time around, you remove the bucket covering your entire head.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      rjj has done a cross counter on numerous occasions. lol...have u ever seen him fight???
      bet you 100,000 points u can't find 10 different occasions in 10 different fights where rjj does the cross counter.

want links.

floyd can do it, im sure. would he, no. ur rite, hed rather not risk the damage.
      of course I"m right.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        bet you 100,000 points u can't find 10 different occasions in 10 different fights where rjj does the cross counter.

want links.

of course I"m right.
        im not going to go looking thru every roy jones fight to look for examples of him cross countering. he does it. hes known for doing it. if u hung around a boxing gym u would kno this. go watch his fights look for urself. just make sure u kno wat ur looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
          Pacquaio?

Pacquaio has power from 106-147

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
          As much as I hate Pacquiao I agree he is a "gifted" fighter because he relies on speed, athleticism, and power. But he isn't a skillful or tactical fighter.
          Pacquiao didnt have donaire's sublime slickness, defense, counter punching, reflexes, & technical soundness. Pacquiao is a physical specimen but donaire is the total package.

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          LOL Gamboa is more athletically gifted the Donaire could ever dream of being. Also Chad Dawson is BY FAR the most athletic boxer in the world today
          Gamboa is probably the only fighter that can match donaire's athleticism but donaire is the much better overall fighter. He is top 10 p4p while gamboa has yet to sniff it. As for dawson he's skilled but when was the last time dawson did something spectacular?

Comment

Gamboa is significantly more athletic. So Donaire is more athletic because he's P4P?

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
              Gamboa is significantly more athletic. So Donaire is more athletic because he's P4P?
              i think they are about even. the fact that gamboa has gone down against lesser opposition while donaire has eviscerated the two top 10 p4p fighters he has faced & his skillset & athleticism in full display wouldnt you give the edge to donaire?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                i think they are about even. the fact that gamboa has gone down against lesser opposition while donaire has eviscerated the two top 10 p4p fighters he has faced & his skillset & athleticism in full display wouldnt you give the edge to donaire?
                What do you mean "gone down," knocked down? SRR got knocked down a lot too. What does that have to do with being athletic, that just means his defense has holes. You specifically stated skills, resume, etc. are to be excluded (as they should be). If you want to get into skills, Donaire is certainly more rounded and defensively sound, but Gamboa has one of the absolute top offenses in the sport. And part of that is based on the fact that his speed is blistering, faster than Donaire who is counter-based.

Comment

Casual fan alert.

Comment

Most athletically gifted fighters P4P

1.Chad Dawson

2. Yuriorkis Gamboa

3.Wlad/P-Will/Donaire/Bute

Comment

Working...
                    X