Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone not as excited about Cotto-Canelo as I am?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone not as excited about Cotto-Canelo as I am?

People keep talking about this fight being a superfight, about it doing 2 million plus PPV's. I'm not super excited about it though.

IMO Austin Trout was Canelo's biggest win, before Trout Canelo was only beating 40 year old Shane Mosley, a 147lber in Josesito Lopez plus other very average fighters. I think Cotto is past his prime and isn't the fighter he once was.

Basically i'm very lukewarm on the fight, when it's being billed as a fight of intergalactic proportions.

I agree, I am not that excited for this fight. I would much rather see the rise of Gennady Golovkin. I want to see GGG beat these two jabroni's and then My boy Andre Ward can take care of Business and beat GGG in his first ever PPV Fight. GGG will be the A-side and the Headliner

Comment

Most likely gonna order it if it is ppv.

Comment

Well you can definitely make the argument that Cotto is past it and Canelo has always been overrated. But outside of Pac/May there is no bigger fight $$$ wise to be made. 2 popular fighters with large fan bases. mexico vs. pr. and it will be a great action fight.

Comment

I would be shocked if it did over 500 K, 2 million is absurd

Comment

No way my brotha. Ima hella excited for this fight. Two big names/two of the biggest fan bases. The event and fight is gonna be electric. The crowd is gonna be going complete ape $h!* for this fight on May 2nd. Can't wait .

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
              I would be shocked if it did over 500 K, 2 million is absurd
              Really Nelo just did 400k so ure saying you add cotto to that and you still get under 500?

Comment

I want to watch it, but I think it'd be pretty uneventful because of Canelo's resume as you pointed out. I think Cotto would beat Mayweather in a rematch, at JMW or MW and I would much rather watch that one. I'd order both regardless.

Comment

Cotto beats Canelo's ass! Cotto will really show how overrated Canelo is.

Comment

Alert! Alert! Disgruntled Floyd fans detected.

I'm psyched for this fight! Both guys come to fight. Both have craft and are more than just sluggers (for the purists). Both have big rowdy fan bases. I mean hell, you have the Mexico/Puerto Rico rivalry! What could be better? I don't see anybody claiming that it's for p4p supremacy or ATGness and only a very few saying that the actual middleweight championship is on the line. Most boxing heads agree that the true MW champ will be known after the winner of this fight faces Golovkin. So what's not to like?

Comment

Working...
                    X