Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on the new Mad Max movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    Some remakes can be better than the original, especially visually with modern technology and CGI. A lot of old movies had great ideas, scripts, and storylines, but could not appropriately transfer that onto the big screen, today that more or else isn't a problem anymore.
    CGI is awful and 9 times out of 10 the remake ends up looking cheaper and less realistic than a movie made 30 years ago.

CGI spaceships. CGI explosions. CGI buildings. CGI water. CGI clothing. Fuck offffffff.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      I refuse to see it. I refuse to see any cash-grab remakes, but especially a remake of a movie with so much personality. Everyone involved in this kinda stuff can burn in hell.

It would be like remaking Army of Darkness with Colin Ferrell.

FUCK. OFF.
      I'm usually the same way, but from my understanding this is not a remake, it's a sequel of sorts, well kind of. Seems like it's cross between a sequel and a reboot, and the screenplay was originally worked on immediately after Mad Max 3. So this is written and directed by the man who did the originals, George Miller. Whenever it's the original person doing it, I'm cool with it. Like the new Evil Dead movie, it was Sam Raimi who produced it and wanted it to happen, and the movie was awesome (even though the movie has been made three times now lol (Evil Dead 2 is a remake of Evil Dead and Evil Dead in 2013 is a remake of Evil Dead 1 lol). If it was someone else directing it, I'd say **** no. But it's George Miller, so I'll check it out.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-03-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        I'm usually the same way, but from my understanding this is not a remake, it's a sequel of sorts, well kind of. Seems like it's cross between a sequel and a reboot, and the screenplay was originally worked on immediately after Mad Max 3. So this is written and directed by the man who did the originals, George Miller. Whenever it's the original person doing it, I'm cool with it. Like the new Evil Dead movie, it was Sam Raimi who produced it and wanted it to happen, and the movie was awesome (even though the movie has been made three times now lol (Evil Dead 2 is a remake of Evil Dead and Evil Dead in 2013 is a remake of Evil Dead 1 lol). If it was someone else directing it, I'd say **** no. But it's George Miller, so I'll check it out.
        You make a sound argument my friend. Dont like what I'm seeing in the trailer though. I'm sure my bother and I, who grew up LOVING MM and Road Warrior, will Redbox it. If only for a laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          You make a sound argument my friend. Dont like what I'm seeing in the trailer though. I'm sure my bother and I, who grew up LOVING MM and Road Warrior, will Redbox it. If only for a laugh.
          yeah the trailer however does seem like there's something off about it, seems hokey.

Oh another example I just thought of was "The Thing". It was a prequel to the 80's The Thing and I thought they did a really good job of capturing the feel of the 80's film.

Comment

Working...
          X