Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Via Brain Hemorrhage due to boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Via Brain Hemorrhage due to boxing...

How likely is it that this will happen to me/ anyone that takes part in boxing?

I just saw one guy recently died due to bleeding in the brain! He wasnt even hit very hard!

Just made me think is it worth it!? What are the risks? How often does someone just die due to a punch to the head? How do you prevent it or cant you? Are some people more vunerable than others what type of person is particually vunerable to brain damage?

I was thinking ive got a big head, must have a fairly big brain in there unless its just wood in there, ive got a short neck thats getting thicker everyday and started off thick, and ive got good traps BUT I do have some wimpy bones, like Ive got petite features like my nose is thin my fingers are thin, ive defo got some ectomorph in me, Im not one of this robust looking guys, im worried that my skull is thin too and that im gonna get a brain hemorrhage in my first fight!?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-06-2013, 07:16 PM.

Huge chance. Don't do it.

Comment

Are you Puerto Rican? If you feel pressured, you could take a knee and you wouldn't be frowned upon.

Comment

It's extremely unlikely, but there's always a chance of something going wrong.

If this is what you're thinking about going into your first fight, then maybe boxing isn't for you.

A study I saw estimated 41 deaths for every 1million minutes in the ring for pros and 1.4 deaths per million minutes for amateurs.

That's around one death per 814 full ten round professional fight.
        Last edited by Furn; 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          Are you Puerto Rican? If you feel pressured, you could take a knee and you wouldn't be frowned upon.
          AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA. I don't think some will know who you're talking about.

Comment

the biggest thing isn't death, it's the fact that later on some of these guys can't speak, they can't think, they wind up with dementia, etc. Look back at some of the popular fighters or greats... how did their lives actually wind up? In the ring, they were God's and then reduced to having to have someone do most things for them for their trouble. What I find interesting is people feel proud when they have been through a long, hard fight where they took a lot of punches and have no thought of the reprocussions of what may happen later on because of it.

Remember, it's not typically the 1 punch that hurts you, it's the multiple shots taken during a fight which is why people who fight like Rios are stupid morons and have no idea what boxing is actually all about.

Comment

If you want to compete, then that's just the risk you take. I love boxing and have for a long time now, but i'm to old to start now, but it's still great for fitness. For self defense... combat hapkido will damage a person much more than using boxing skill.

Comment

Working...
              X