No announcement yet.

The Montiel-Morel situation is ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Montiel-Morel situation is ridiculous

The purse bid is like $100,000. With Montiel wanting at least 80K and Morel getting only 20K. I dont blame him for rejecting it because that's nowhere near what they should be getting. Top Rank is promoting this fight which has to raise a few people's eyebrows because it seems that Arum is paying these guys peanuts. I predict that in the future more and more people will go to GBP because they can get alot more money. I can imagine if both of these guys were with Golden Boy they would make alot more money than they are making with Arum.

It's basically an insult to Montiel and the fans because in terms of what he has accomplished recently, I would say he is the #1 or #2 Mexican fighter in the world right now. But he's only getting 80K for his fights. It's not fair...

Wow, I can't believe it, 100,000? Damn, even Calderon wins more than that. No wonder why there's a lot of fighters who milk their belt as much as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
      Wow, I can't believe it, 100,000? Damn, even Calderon wins more than that. No wonder why there's a lot of fighters who milk their belt as much as they can.
      Yep, 100K. Props to Morel for telling Arum to forget it. It was supposed to be 80K for Montiel (Mexico's #1 or #2 fighter) and just 20K for Morel. 80K isnt THAT bad but 20K is crazy. This is why sooner or later Top Rank is going to go under, People are realising that Arum pays peanuts and they will go to Golden Boy or elsewhere because they get paid better. Arum is a disgrace for trying to get a guy to take 20K for a world title fight.

Comment

Working...
      X