No announcement yet.

Rees vs Matthews stopped because of pathetic cut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rees vs Matthews stopped because of pathetic cut

Cant believe this. Matthews had a trickle of blood coming from his nose so the ref waved it off. Last week I watched a Mexican guy, Cayo, fighting completely blind, covered in blood. British refs are an absolute joke.

a lost £90 had rees tko a thought it would be a no contest but they said tech draw so a didnt get my money backhe had a broken nose

Comment

nah that nose was ****ed. the blood dripping like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
        a lost £90 had rees tko a thought it would be a no contest but they said tech draw so a didnt get my money backhe had a broken nose
        I lost £300. It's a joke. Who the hell stops a fight for a broken nose.

Originally posted by Vantage_West View Post
        nah that nose was ****ed. the blood dripping like crazy.
        Yes, that's boxing. Broken noses happen every week and guys go on to finish the distance. You don't go in a shower and jump out as soon as you get wet. Watch Morales's last fight vs Cayo. Cayo was blind in both eyes, nose bleeds, the whole lot and the ref didn't stop it till he had too. Ive never seen something so stupid as stopping a fight for a nose bleed. What the hell is the game coming too.

Comment

I know your mad because youlosst money but it was the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            I know your mad because youlosst money but it was the right call.
            Bulls*it, ive had worse cuts from my girlfriend.

Comment

I thought he looked in no state to continue. But after the fight ended, it didn't look to bad. I don't think Matthews would have lasted though, he'd have been bloodied and battered after. His nose would have been mushed.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                Bulls*it, ive had worse cuts from my girlfriend.
                you are an idiot.

Money well spent son

Comment

I haven't seen the fight, but English boxing suffers from refs stopping the fighs too early... Might be because the British audience (or really the media speaking for the audience) is squeamish (blood is not what they want in fights).

I remember watching Frenkel-Maccanrelli and the ref of that fight was slaughtered by the media for letting Maccanrelli continue after the 1st knockdown. He got dropped hard, but he wasn't wobbling or visibly giving a reason why he shouldn't continue.

On that same card there was a couple of early stoppages that were too early, but they didn't get stopped and the refs didn't get criticized. The ref of Mathysse-Harris must be the dean at the UK referee academy.

If you're going to gamble on British boxing, you should know that early stoppages are the norm and not the exception.

Comment

and with £300 down the drain i think you might get a return match with your girl.

seriously though 8 rounds more with a broken nose...one that has got a point deduction or a warning to rees. had he made it to the end of the round and they retired him at the end of the round would you complain with a stoppage?

Comment

Working...
                    X