Talkin’ Boxing with Miguel Cotto: “(My father) cried with me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talkin’ Boxing with Miguel Cotto: “(My father) cried with me

By Scoop Malinowski

WBA Super Welterweight champion Miguel Cotto answered these questions about his upcoming title defense against old rival Antonio Margarito at Madison Square Garden on December 3…

*************: How do you feel about Margarito personally?

Miguel Cotto: ”Person? I don’t live with him [laughter]. He’s just another human being.”

*************: Do you like Margarito? Usually you seem to have great respect and even like most of you opponents.

Miguel Cotto: ”I don’t have to like him. I just have to fight him on December third.”

*************: What is you mood at this time as you approach this rematch with Margarito?

Miguel Cotto: ”When my father saw me this night, blood was coming out of my eyes. And he cried with me. He’s not here with me today. But for those kinds of things, it’s a little more personal for me, this fight on December third.”

*************: Did it take a lot mentally to overcome what you went through from the first fight?

Miguel Cotto: ”No. I’m going to prepare myself like always, try to take the personal feelings away and he professional. Try to feel better and better every day.”

*************: The key to defeating Margarito this time?

Miguel Cotto: ”I just want to correct the mistakes I made that night and work on them and try not to make them again.”

Link

Cotto is a warrior, I hope he rips Marg apart.

Comment

Humble guy cotto is, let's see how the fight plays out on dec.3rd. Kinda pulling for cotto to win but marg just doesn't seem phaze at all by cotto's punch the first time so this second fight is gonna be hard for cotto.

Comment

cotto isn't an easy interview but this guy is a clown

"how did that make you FEEEL.?

"Do you like him?"

"why are you so great?"

"What's your favorite color?"

lol

Comment

i like when he said he'll try not comit the same mistakes he did during the first fight, I see this fight as an action fight simialr to the first one but with a different ending...

Comment

Hopefully Cotto wins the fight. I think Marg still presents a lot of problems for Cotto he still has a granite chin, he still has enough power to hurt Cotto. But I think Cotto will pull out a win by 12rd UD.

Comment

Cotto is really motivated and with a lot of anger. But he needs to leave the anger outside the ring and box Margarito's ears off. If the KO comes it comes but he should focus on boxing and I know Steward will make sure he does.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                cotto isn't an easy interview but this guy is a clown

"how did that make you FEEEL.?

"Do you like him?"

"why are you so great?"

"What's your favorite color?"

lol
                Lol at least its not like Elie's

"Who wins Pacquiao or Mayweather"

"I'm Margarito and you're Cotto show us how you'll knock me out"

"let me ask you this..."

Comment

I'm a big fan of Cotto but he has the personality of a wall. He has short boring robotic answers in every interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    I'm a big fan of Cotto but he has the personality of a wall. He has short boring robotic answers in every interview.
                    I like his personality though. He's very stable mentally and doesn't let things get to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X