No announcement yet.

What annoys me about Bernard Hopkin's ''Fans''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What annoys me about Bernard Hopkin's ''Fans''

is that hopkins was green against jones and past-prime against taylor.....

jones prime was from hopkins till ruiz(apperently), yet bhops was from keith holmes to de la hoya(not sure now, just guessin the ending of his prime considering he was past it against taylor)

anyway...what's up with that, that true?

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
    is that hopkins was green against jones and past-prime against taylor.....

jones prime was from hopkins till ruiz(apperently), yet bhops was from keith holmes to de la hoya(not sure now, just guessin the ending of his prime considering he was past it against taylor)

anyway...what's up with that, that true?
    You clearly haven't watched much of B-Hop, clearly. Neither was Roy at his best, both had improved.

Comment

I still thought B-Hop won against Taylor the first time out, but I'd have to re-watch the fight to post opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        You clearly haven't watched much of B-Hop, clearly. Neither was Roy at his best, both had improved.
        yea, clearly, i just watched everyfight from him, from him fighting jones to getting a tight draw to smashin his knee, to him tko'ing glencoffe to ko'ing felix to losing to taylor to beating winky and losing to calzaghe then winning a whiteash against pavlik

nah, i've watched a good 29 fights

im just saying that's what 'YOU FANS' say.

Comment

well neither Jones nor Hopkins were in their primes when they fought waaaaay back in '93, although Jones was the more polished of the two being that he had a great amateur career and of course fought in the Olympics during which hopkins was in prison for 4-5 years.

And Hopkins lost to Jermain Taylor at age 40. It's not really a stretch to say a 40 year old fighter is past his prime.

Personally, I think his absolute peak of his career was from 1999-2002 (when I say peak, I mean both physically and mentally he was at his absolute best). There is no question he started to slow down by the time he fought taylor, actually you can notice differences before the Taylor fight

Comment

Hopkins really isn't that far bast his prime right now.

Comment

Working...
            X