No announcement yet.

Boxing: the greatest martial art but unfortunately, the worst sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing: the greatest martial art but unfortunately, the worst sport

The art of boxing is a thing of beauty. There is so little attacks and techniques compared to other arts such as kickboxing or grappling, yet so many intricate movements are locked within those techniques. Footwork, setting up punches, parrying... all great sights to see.

However, the sport is the absolute worst of all sports. It is tainted with corruption and bull****, pros and amateurs. Speaking of amateurs, the point-scoring system is a terrible system that promotes dumbing-down of the martial art.

/blog

It's not even really a sport anymore. Just a business.

Comment

And there are so few masters of the art. Floyd, Ward, Marquez, B-Hop, Rigondeaux. Can't think of any more active.

Comment

It's an absolute joke sometimes. It's the only sport I follow that regularly will make me feel like I should stop watching. Can't stay away though.

Comment

It is the best and it also grew into to a bigger money maker then the others. That's why its so corrupt. Too much money involved.

Comment

boxers need to form a boxing union ,i like were john mccain was headed i dont know what happened to that

Comment

Working...
            X