Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Broner show a lot of heart vs Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Broner showed immense heart! I was truly expecting him to quit at any moment, but he never did, and towards the end of the fight he was actually coming on really strong. Even though Broner lost it was still a very impressive effort on his behalf.

I love threads like these because it let's me add to my ignore list! I swear NSB is full of such disrespectful cancerous posters.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      this thread is yet another example of what cowardly scum most posters on this forum are.

talking down the heart of a world champion behind the safety of a laptop far away from the ring.

it wasnt a legendary show of heart or anything like that but broner showed he is a true champion, he showed he is a tough guy.

you cant just look at a few seconds of him trying to get a point deduction from maidana and judge him on that alone when he fought like a warrior the rest of the fight. which includes getting up and fighting his ass off after the incident.
      Ok, relax tough guy. I never said he was a quitter or had no heart or anything of the sort. I said I ddin't think it was a fight that showed that he had some great heart. I simply think he did what he was suppose to do. You said in another post (and I'll parapharse) "if everyone is suppose to finish fights then no one has ever shown heart." I disagree with that bc I give guys extra kudos if it is especially difficult to win, this is not one of those fights. It was not a massacre, it was a tough fight that if he were to stop it he would be labeled a quitter. There has to be some middle ground. I just don't think finishing this fight was anything exceptional as some have made it out to be

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        no he didn't. there was an article i read sometime after the fight that said broner wanted to quit, but his trainer convinced him to keep fighting.

broner has no heart, dignity and honor. he is a coward and should consider retiring forever.
        You have strong feelings on this subject matter.

Comment

No he didn't, he showed what kind of a p****y he is/.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
            On another forum I was reading today a lot of people kept mentioning the heart Broner showed in the Maidana fight. My question is why do people keep saying this?

I mean he took some good punches that I'm sure it didn't feel good to take for 12 rounds but it's his job. This wasn't an especially brutal beating. The fight wasn't necessarily that close but it wasn't a one sided beatdown, Broner had some good rounds too, it was just another fight. Also he tried to quit in round 8. Call it what you will but to me that was a blatant attempt to get out of he fight by trying to get Maidana DQ'd.

Taking that into account the best I can say is that he did was he was suppose to do, what he was paid (very well) to do. He fought for 12 rounds
            Stopped reading right here. BoxingScene is so far above every other site in the world when it comes to boxing that anyone not 100% committed to BoxingScene is a suspect individual to say the least.

Comment

Yes he did.

Comment

more than Ortrees.

Comment

the bombs broner was taking was hell.

even tho broner lost in such a satisfying way for some, staying in there with chino is a great display of fighting spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    not at all. most all the posters in this thread has already said why.
                    yet you call a quitter a warrior

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      yet you call a quitter a warrior
                      so, this is what is all about? broner tried to get maidana DQ, very honorable and warrior like

Comment

Working...
                      X