Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters keep saying Cinco de Mayo is reserved for Mexican fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    Mosley isnt mexican and cant sell **** on his own and Manny and Floyd both did over a million with him.on Cinco De Mayo
    Mosely has a large number of Mexican Followers,, He is from Pomona, California a Hispanic majority city in Cali.. Mexicans have always followed Mosely and like him because he beat Oscar De La Hoya, who as you know was despised by many Mexicans and Mexican americans for beating an older and smaller Julio Cesar Chavez jr..A lot of those PPV's from the PAC Vs Mosely and Mayweather VS Mosely were from Mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      That doesn't even make sense.

The point is that Mayweather does not have to fight a Mexican fighter to sell his fights. Or any other non American fighter.

If Hatton was the draw why did he sell less against Pacquiao?

And since when did Shane Mosley come from a country other than America?

Your inability to comprehend what I posted and not making sense are two different things. I've already addressed the Shane Mosley talking point several times.

Shane Mosley is a good PPV supporter because everyone knows who Shane Mosley is. So even if he doesn't sell PPV's by himself with another big name he does.

for example how did Pacquiao only sell 700k with Clottey but he sold 1.2 Million with Mosley?

Mayweather never did great numbers with an unknown fighter that wasn't Mexican. How hard is that to comprehend..?

oh and hatton sold less against Pacquiao because he had just gotten knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Your inability to comprehend what I posted and not making sense are two different things. I've already addressed the Shane Mosley talking point several times.

Shane Mosley is a good PPV supporter because everyone knows who Shane Mosley is. So even if he doesn't sell PPV's by himself with another big name he does.

for example how did Pacquiao only sell 700k with Clottey but he sold 1.2 Million with Mosley?

Mayweather never did great numbers with an unknown fighter that wasn't Mexican. How hard is that to comprehend

oh and hatton sold less against Pacquiao because he had just gotten knocked out
        I comprehend that you claimed Mayweather needs a non American to sell fights.Are you going to lie and deny you said that?

Mosley is American and has never been a ppv star.Stop lying.

Comprehend?

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          Mosely has a large number of Mexican Followers,, He is from Pomona, California a Hispanic majority city in Cali.. Mexicans have always followed Mosely and like him because he beat Oscar De La Hoya, who as you know was despised by many Mexicans and Mexican americans for beating an older and smaller Julio Cesar Chavez jr..A lot of those PPV's from the PAC Vs Mosely and Mayweather VS Mosely were from Mexicans
          didn't really look like it when he fought rito at staples center though.
          Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 01-16-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            I comprehend that you claimed Mayweather needs a non American to sell fights.Are you going to lie and deny you said that?

Mosley is American and has never been a ppv star.Stop lying.

Comprehend?
            At this point you're just reading what you want to read and completely dismissing everything else I posted. Not only that but you made no attempt to refute my previous points where I acknowledge Mosley... instead you just repeated your self like some ******ed *******.

stop lying about what?I already addressed Mosley gtfo

Comment

cinco de mayo is just a day to cash out on mexican boxing fans and mexican boxing fans know mayweather pacquiao and mosley.

Comment

Working...
              X