Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez JR vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't believe it until after the fight happens and even then I won't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I've heard news that the fight has been "confirmed" almost 4 times already.
      How many times do they need to "confirm" it
      different people get news from different outlets and think it's breaking stuff so they post a new thread about it. also, if you're tired of hearing about it, there's a simple way of not dealing with it: ignore or skip over it.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Agreed. A lot can happen in between to derail the fight.
      chavez has pulled out of two fights from what i can remember off the top of my head.
      one with wolak

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5867106

and another with hearns

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/8/25...fight-canceled

Comment

Comment

"If Chavez beats Andy Lee in the 16th in El Paso, in his next fight he'll face "Maravilla" Martinez in the Alamodome, which was inaugurated by the legend JC Sr. against Pernell Whitaker", said Bob Arum.

“The 15th of September is celebrated by the Mexicans that live in the United States so it would be a big night in San Antonia with this fight”, said Arum.

The promoter said he has the date reserved for the son of the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez, who had a fight with Marco Rubio this past February.
          http://www.cronica.com.mx/nota.php?id_nota=667250

This is going to be an epic pissing match with GB and TR if it happens. It's interesting that Chavez vs Martinez was originally being talked about taking place in September, but then I started hearing about it taking place in October when Canelo vs Kirkland was being talked about for Sept. 15. Now without Kirkland and Paul Williams, GB might be forced to step aside to another date.

Comment

When will this soap opera end???

Comment

I won't believe it until I see Jim Lamply go over the tale of the tape

Comment

Martinez is going to land so many lefts on Chavez' face that his eye might pop out or his face may be disconfigured for life. I see Chavez hanging in there but taking a BRUTAL beating in the process, way too much movement and timing for him to compete.

Comment

Far be it for me to question the validity of some guy's facebook page but is there a better source?

Comment

no doubt JCC can pull of the upset here.

Comment

Working...
                    X