Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor likely to return Dec 30th on ShoBox.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor likely to return Dec 30th on ShoBox.

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
    The likely return of Jermain Taylor @jermain811 is Dec. 30 on @SHOsports on ShoBox in Little Rock. #boxing

arggghh

one of my favorite fighters
    i want him to stay retired.

stay safe, JT. watching your fight's coming up will always make me happy and nothing's gonna change that

taylor was just a BEAST coming up. a big rambunctious kid.

Comment

After a bum he should fight Sergio Mora.

Big name.

Low power.

win-win.

Comment

^^ Couldn't agree more. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          arggghh

one of my favorite fighters
          i want him to stay retired.

stay safe, JT. watching your fight's coming up will always make me happy and nothing's gonna change that

taylor was just a BEAST coming up. a big rambunctious kid.
          One of my favorites as well, always liked him coming up like you said. I'm hoping he got the rest he needed as comes back with a fervor for boxing. I think this was always an issue with him at some level - not that he didn't have the heart to compete, I am just not sure if he really loved the sport like that. If his heart isn't in it completely, I'd hope he would get out. Hopefully by starting small, the people around him will be able to tell if this is true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            After a bum he should fight Sergio Mora.

Big name.

Low power.

win-win.
            Here's quick (true) story about Sergio Mora and Jermain Taylor. Back when Taylor was mw champion he offered Mora a title shot and a payday of $1 million. The location was Little Rock, Arkansas. Mora (and I'll never forgive him for this) turned the fight down because he didn't think he'd get a fair shake in Taylor's hometown. Can you ****ing believe that? The guy turned down a title shot and 1 million dollars!...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Here's quick (true) story about Sergio Mora and Jermain Taylor. Back when Taylor was mw champion he offered Mora a title shot and a payday of $1 million. The location was Little Rock, Arkansas. Mora (and I'll never forgive him for this) turned the fight down because he didn't think he'd get a fair shake in Taylor's hometown. Can you ****ing believe that? The guy turned down a title shot and 1 million dollars!...
              I remember that.

I think Cory Spinks got the fight instead.

Or was it after that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Yup, ppl used to really be intimidated by Taylor back when he was undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                  Yup, ppl used to really be intimidated by Taylor back when he was undefeated.
                  For a good reason too. He had all those gift decisions it was like impossible to beat him by decision. He's only lost by KO right? SO I guess it still stands. Only way to beat JT is by KO!!

Comment

I'll be there for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X