Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tyson Trained Provodnikov, would Ruslan be an Undisputed 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Tyson Trained Provodnikov, would Ruslan be an Undisputed 140?

discuss.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooool...

Comment

And another stupid thread on BS

Comment

Tyson is a fighter not a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
          Tyson is a fighter not a trainer.
          You mean trainers aren'T fighters before? Tyson isn't a fighter, he's retired. Some would call him a ''promoter'' Iron Mike Productions...

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            You mean trainers aren'T fighters before? Tyson isn't a fighter, he's retired. Some would call him a ''promoter'' Iron Mike Productions...
            Is Tyson a trainer? does he have a gym and group of fighters under his tutelage? has he ever trained anyone?

Comment

discuss.
              I think that's a stupid question, because it's a very flawed perspective to assume that because a fighter was good/great, he would make a good trainer by default.

Personally, if Tyson walked up to me and offered to train me, I would turn him down pretty quickly. I am loyal to my trainer and would be really skeptical that Tyson could help me in any way, in fact I would assume he would set me back trying to modify my style and tendencies in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                Is Tyson a trainer? does he have a gym and group of fighters under his tutelage? has he ever trained anyone?
                I completely forgot that at NSB we don't discuss theory. The context was Ruslan and his slugging which could be perfected. Tyson has a ways to go... and he can easily find investors to fulfill a gym easily without question. The real question is would he like to do it, not that he isn't capable of doing it.

I just think Ruslan could be better. Perhaps learn uppercuts to right way and a good peek aboo. Sooner or later Ruslan will be out of the picture...most prefer to be pessimistic on

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  I think that's a stupid question, because it's a very flawed perspective to assume that because a fighter was good/great, he would make a good trainer by default.

Personally, if Tyson walked up to me and offered to train me, I would turn him down pretty quickly. I am loyal to my trainer and would be really skeptical that Tyson could help me in any way, in fact I would assume he would set me back trying to modify my style and tendencies in the ring.
                  I have no idea how you box, but the context was Ruslan's style of confident overhands even when opponents have their guard up.

Comment

I have no idea how you box, but the context was Ruslan's style of confident overhands even when opponents have their guard up.
                    I see.

Maybe, I think little adjustments could be made to make Ruslan more intelligent with his punch selection inside.

And as far as myself, I would describe myself as Pernell Whitaker-esque, only I get tagged more like Broner, and I have feather fists like Paulie.

Comment

Working...
                    X