Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Era "The Cash Money"... Khan Era "The Guts And The Glory"? (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Era "The Cash Money"... Khan Era "The Guts And The Glory"? (VIDEO)

The Mayweather Era was about the cash money, primarily benefiting the fighter above and beyond the fans. We saw many subtle imitations of him, and of course one attempt to be a carbon copy (Broner). Of course, Floyd is a Great boxer, there's no denying.

But the potentially emerging Khan Era could shape up to be more about the guts and the glory, bringing boxing back to a place which benefits the fans more than anyone else?

Seemingly as a response to the announcement of the Canelo vs Khan fight, in only a few days we've already seen the following reactions:
    • Wilder says he wants the Povetkin fight ASAP.
    • Andre Ward says he wants the Kovalev fight Immediately.
    • Rigondeaux says he wants the Frampton/Quigg winner.
    • Brook claims that he allegedly now wants to fight GGG at 155 (although this still entails a weight-draining issue).

A change is gonna come.

Recommend watching the entire thing, nice fight breakdown.. Check comments at 14:00 "Amir Khan can possibly be the wrecking ball that we need to break up the crap we have in boxing, bringing promotional networks together, putting pressure on these guys, changing a lot of stuff in boxing. He's going to fight the best he can find to attain greatness":

Last edited by FlatLine; 02-05-2016, 08:24 AM.

Could somebody ban this ****in troll already?

Comment

If khan beats canelo he is higher atg than Floyd, as long as khan has some more nice wins before he retires? So that's not a given yet but its in khans hands Its about taking risks. I politely asked Floyd to fight Sergio he wouldn't do it. I now asked politely for him to fight GGG and he won't, never been proactive doing what he knows he's got to to nbut wont
      Last edited by hugh grant; 02-05-2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Could somebody ban this ****in troll already?
        If someone jumps on a thread just to call someone else a troll, and not offer anything else other than a baseless accusation, then it's actually the accuser himself who is the troll. So, GTFO and stop trolling.

Comment

I agree Mayweather era was built on cowardice and drama rather than merits, a guerrero, blown up lightweight, a drained middleweight, a bum ass years past prime cotto, a berto, sucker punching a quitter, a handicap pacquaio who you cheated against still. Yeah its legit mayweather came into power under a BS array of figth that were more hype an drama than actual legit.

Khan on the other hand has been trying to fight the very best at their very best.

Comment

This is gonna be a short @ss era because it's gonna end on May 7th when Khan fukin dies.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              If khan beats canelo he is higher atg than Floyd, as long as khan has some more nice wins before he retires? So that's not a given yet but its in khans hands Its about taking risks. I politely asked Floyd to fight Sergio he wouldn't do it. I now asked politely for him to fight GGG and he won't, never been proactive doing what he knows he's got to to nbut wont
              True, Khan could be closing in on a higher ATG status if he beats a prime Canelo at his natural weight without weight-draining him. But yes, I'd say he'd need a few more good wins though, Floyd has done some great things in boxing too.

Mayweather's best win is arguably an old De La Hoya or possibly Corrales? De La Hoya was a close fight, a Split Decision. Had Floyd fought Manny in his prime though that would have meant so much more, that would definitely have been hard to beat, but he only faced him after that devastating Marquez KO, past prime.

Comment

"Khan Era"

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                  This is gonna be a short @ss era because it's gonna end on May 7th when Khan fukin dies.
                  That's what I mean man, it's about the guts and the glory, win or lose. It's not about protecting that 0 anymore, it's about trying to fight the best when they are at their best.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    True, Khan could be closing in on a higher ATG status if he beats a prime Canelo at his natural weight without weight-draining him. But yes, I'd say he'd need a few more good wins though, Floyd has done some great things in boxing too.

Mayweather's best win is arguably an old De La Hoya or possibly Corrales? De La Hoya was a close fight, a Split Decision. Had Floyd fought Manny in his prime though that would have meant so much more, that would definitely have been hard to beat, but he only faced him after that devastating Marquez KO, past prime.
                    I would have to say PAC is Floyd's best win, PAC was a greater fighter than dlh and canelo, but yes PAC was coming off a ko loss so was barely Floyd's best win. Plus he only had one arm? So possibly PAC wasn't. But Floyd's best wins aren't that great anyway when u compare to the higher echelons.

Khan has had a decent career already even without a canelo win. A canelo win would be better than anything Floyd has done but I take into consideration Floyd started at 126 and is older

Comment

Working...
                    X