Collapse
No announcement yet.

India's Threat To GGG, Vijender Singh Turns Pro With GGG-Style Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be honest i see more of a zou shiming than a vasyl lomachenko here. although i like his interviews

imagine if we have singh, falcao and murata fighting each other in the pros within the next couple of years. lots of excellent talent on haymon's side of the fence too. if golovkin can stick around for a while he'll have plenty of challenges at 160

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Who is India's best boxer in history?
      Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punchout.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Vijender's first pro fight, forward to the 3rd round for the brutal ending!

Game over GGG?
        Out of nowhere a wild Andre Ward appears

Little Singh ducking me and lying to de fans, move to 168 and come to Oakland

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAR SINGH!!!
          Mexican style

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            da **** is a GGG style interview

Comment

He seems very mature, of course he has the amateur pedigree to suggest he knows what he is getting himself in to, needs to get his range right, but it was his pro debut after all. Would love to see how he develops.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Has there ever been a world champion boxer from India? Not that it couldn't happen but India has never been a source of boxing talent in spite of having a huge population. If GGG is still fighting when and if this guy is a top challenger then I think GGG racks up another KO win over him.

i don't think talent is the issue. that's a huge country. give the kids good food and work with the most athletic kids when they are young. they'll get good at whatever their physical makeup suits best. if the kids are small, they'll make fine weight class boxers.

there's no history of boxing infrastructure in india, as far as i know. gyms, amateur programs, are probably extremely new. they don't have the background in it.

i'm also led to belive that india is a horribly impoverished country. i'm reading up on it now, and my source says that 1/4 of the planet's malnourished are indian. impoverished kids in the states usually make the best boxers, but they've got a lot more backing ithan an impoverished kid in india. my source says that impoverished people in india live on the US equivalent of a dollar and a half a day. you cannot be an athlete on that.

it's called the "world food program."

looks nonprofit and benign politically.

https://www.wfp.org/countries/india/overview

edit: the source is part of the UN

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Singh's first pro fight (10th Oct) - Is it officially over for GGG before it even began?
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=19
                  Is this your new loverboy when Amir retires?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    He seems very mature, of course he has the amateur pedigree to suggest he knows what he is getting himself in to, needs to get his range right, but it was his pro debut after all. Would love to see how he develops.
                    Yea I read a while back he beat a few good fighters in the Ams

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
                      Is this your new loverboy when Amir retires?
                      ..you're the one with a half-naked man in your avatar. Projecting much? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X