Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old news: Does anyone believe the Gatti outcome?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old news: Does anyone believe the Gatti outcome?

Just read some old reports on the alledged suicide and does anyone outside of brazil really buy that bullcrap?

All of the evidence was circumstantial at best. Based on those findings, I'd say that the court had made the correct decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      All of the evidence was circumstantial at best. Based on those findings, I'd say that the court had made the correct decision.
      I just don't see a warrior like that taking the cowards way out. He didn't have it in him.

Comment

I don't understand how people like you (a fan, I presume) can make such statements about a person you never even knew. Yeah, he dazzled you (and many others) with his in-ring propensity for violence, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have also been deeply depressed. He actually was heavily depressed after having to step away from the sport, according to certain friends and family members.

Furthermore, your post implies that anybody who suffers in life (either physically or emotionally) and overcomes it can therefore overcome any other struggle that presents itself to that person, and that's simply not true. Plenty of strong willed warriors commit suicide every ****ing day. The only difference is that you never saw any of them taking punches to the head on HBO, so you'd instantly label them as a 'p*ssy' or 'coward' for having topped themselves.

Again, all of the evidence against his wife was circumstantial at best. From a legal perspective, the jury made the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I don't understand how people like you (a fan, I presume) can make such statements about a person you never even knew. Yeah, he dazzled you (and many others) with his in-ring propensity for violence, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have also been deeply depressed. He actually was heavily depressed after having to step away from the sport, according to certain friends and family members.

Furthermore, your post implies that anybody who suffers in life (either physically or emotionally) and overcomes it can therefore overcome any other struggle that presents itself to that person, and that's simply not true. Plenty of strong willed warriors commit suicide every ****ing day. The only difference is that you never saw any of them taking punches to the head on HBO, so you'd instantly label them as a 'p*ssy' or 'coward' for having topped themselves.

Again, all of the evidence against his wife was circumstantial at best. From a legal perspective, the jury made the right decision.
          You're right I didn't know him personally but I do know my own beliefs and I believe suicide is the coward's way out. I never made an overarching statement that said "don't consider suicide because I said so" or any nonsense such as that. I espoused an opinion on an opinion forum what a shocker. So now you have also voiced your opinion and that's ok but I don't have to agree with it and I don't. Regarding his depression it ultimately is all conjecture or hearsay unless any of his friends had irrefutable evidence from Gatti himself that he was depressed or they are/were health care professional that could pronounce such a psychological diagnosis. The dispute really comes down to one and only one thing, your opinion is different from mine. However, I never took the time to diminish your perspective as you have seen fit to attack mine. I suppose our conduct is different also.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
            I just don't see a warrior like that taking the cowards way out. He didn't have it in him.
            well we cant ignore all the suicides from concussions in sports and gatti the warrior he was had a **** ton of concussions. its usually the warriors who do it thats the scary part

Comment

i think its just one those things like you said you think its the ***** way out and you also respect gatti so it confuses you but suicides dont make sense alot of people have dealt with it first hand and i can tell you 9 times out of 10 it makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                You don't know what he did, what happened or the details of what happened. So why even create a thread like this where your just making **** up and giving an opinion?

Who the fuk knows what happened. Also, him being a "warrior" has nothing to do with heart ache and mental problems.

Comment

Nothing against folks from Brazil, but the fact that it took place there only convinces me that it was murder. The place is so rife with crime right now. Granted, the only things I know about Brazil are what I've heard from friends who left there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    You don't know what he did, what happened or the details of what happened. So why even create a thread like this where your just making **** up and giving an opinion?
                    In case you haven't caught on yet, this place exists for the sake of people giving their opinions.

Comment

Working...
                    X