No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe haters on youtube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he wasn't even landing those. they were glancing off his shoulders, back and gloves, and those aren't scoring areas in boxing. he couldn't hit the target. if you don't hit the target how do you win? if you don't follow the rules how do you win? if you are playing darts and you throw the dart and miss the board completely do you win points? do you jump up and down and pretend like you won? how about in baseball if you hit a foul ball, do you pretend like it's a homerun and start running the bases? how about in football if the receiver doesn't even catch the ball, but still runs into the endzone. is it a touchdown? NEED ANY MORE ANALOGIES! he wasn't doing anything except failing! but he failed over and over so you think he won? if the football player drops enough passes do they give him a sympathy touchdown?
    There were plenty of clean shots landed on Hopkins...plenty! You are just a blind idiot, which is ironic because that is what you accuse others of. Hopkins is very good at rolling with shots and keeping his head in positions to minimise the effect, in fact he is a master at it. He keeps his chin tucked in and his head low which makes it very difficult to score on him, and even when you do his head is rarely ever snapped back or it appears as if nothing has landed. I just watched the fight and you can see lots of shots especially in the second half of the fight landing, just not with the very good power or damage because there is no real follow through, and Calzaghe's technique lacks power and snap at full extension as he is more of a combination guy.

Plus how do you score the second round for example, where Hopkins lands maybe one clean jab, and Calzaghe's only cleanly landed punches are 3 straight left hands to the body and every other punch landed is in a clinch. You wanna talk about following the rules? Hopkins should have been disqualified, no question. He didn't even get a point deduction, it was scandilous!

Hopkins took too many rounds off and it turned into a close fight, he did the same thing in the Taylor fights, too much posturing and playing around. You can't whoop a man for 3-4 rounds and expect to win the fight, Queensbury rules don't work like that. If Hopkins didn't hold he would have got pushed to the ropes and teed off on, eventually...it was starting to happen in the 9th round even with him holding, and all of a sudden he fakes injury and buys himself 5 mins, and then immediately starts to win. The only deception was by Hopkins, he is a legend, one of the very best of this era, but I have no love for him when it comes to this fight, he tried to steal it and failed.

Comment

As a calz hater I had him beating Bhop but not by much. But I don't have a YouTube account. Maybe I should make one haha

Comment

its difficult to really have a go at Bernard for spoiling, he after all got in the ring at the age of 43 against a guy of Olympian fitness. That takes not just guts, but a measure of dirty tactics to even share the ring with, because he wa giving away all the advantages.

yahyah Joe was 37 yeah but he was only just post prime, he had effectively peaked after Kessler. So Hopticals gets my respect just being there. Its Calzaghe who was being gutless, picking on the past ATGs when he thought they had faded enough.

If we are going to have a go at these guys it ought to be for not getting it on when they were younger.

Its BHops trash talk which was really unclassy.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-28-2013, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Daggum, what did Calzaghe do to you or your family to give you this dedication of hate?
          I must admit, your dedication is admirable, but kinda sad at the same time, however, i'm curious what fuels the hatred ? There is obviously something there, but will you share the real truth with us and not just mask over it with a feeble excuse like "i'm doing it for the benefit of boxing"

Come on chap, tell us more

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            of course smart people know he was lying through his teeth. warren said calzaghe was fine flying on holidays but he couldn't fly over to the USA to fight? lol. hilarious. he was a coward plain and simple. he tried to cherry pick hopkins and got beat to hell and so he lowered his standards and still got dropped by old man jones. at that point he must have realized he was going to lose to anyone with a pulse and retired with his fraudulent record intact.

Comment

Calzaghe beat Jones and Hopkins, kids still mad about it so they take it out on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                Calzaghe beat OLD SHOT Jones and OLD 50% Hopkins, kids still mad about it so they take it out on youtube.
                edited for the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  compubox is done live, literally with two guys holding clickers ringside. It can be terribly inaccurate. Some fights are obviously easier then others.
                  I know well how compubox is 'done' but even allowing for some variance in accuracy their stats were very conclusive in Calzaghe's favour.

Even watching the fight Hopkins was trying to fake low-blows and various other tactics, he just couldn't live with Calzaghe's work-rate.

Originally posted by chav View Post
                  Daggum, what did Calzaghe do to you or your family to give you this dedication of hate?
                  I must admit, your dedication is admirable, but kinda sad at the same time, however, i'm curious what fuels the hatred ? There is obviously something there, but will you share the real truth with us and not just mask over it with a feeble excuse like "i'm doing it for the benefit of boxing"

Come on chap, tell us more
                  I expect that Calzaghe was someone daggum railed against for years while he fought in Europe - much like he does Sven Ottke. But then Joe did the unthinkable for a supposed coward hiding out in Europe and actually beat the best the US had to offer, legends included - in the US.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Calzaghe lived the easy life most of his career, and then took Lacey's soul, shut down Kessler, and then beat Bhop and Jones.

American fans are bitter as **** about it.
                    I think people are mad because you just summed up his entire career in one sentence and somehow some people believe that makes him the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      I expect that Calzaghe was someone daggum railed against for years while he fought in Europe - much like he does Sven Ottke. But then Joe did the unthinkable for a supposed coward hiding out in Europe and actually beat the best the US had to offer, legends included - in the US.
                      I hear what you're saying, but it still doesnt explain the dedication to the cause all these years later. I find it pretty funny at times and I've given Daggum green K a few times when i've genuinely laughed away, I'm certainly not precious about Joe Calzaghe, but i'm always curious what makes people tick and something really makes Daggum tick about Calzaghe, but I wonder if he will ever share what it really is. I doubt it, but if you don't ask you dont find out..

Comment

Working...
                      X