Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bernard Hopkins refuses to retire..what's next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
    YesI know that Bute is a huge name in Canada and sells laods of tix there. But Dawson is the geniune LH, Bute isnt. Bhop was talking about moving to HW, now hes picking on SMW
    So you're in favor of hopkins sitting out for the rest of the year and fight Dawson when he's 46 for less money?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      hopkins would also have to wait till like 2011 for that fight so if I were him I'd take bute now (if bute accepts & beats miranda of course).
      You want him to fight another guy that isn't his weight. Just great!!!! Dawson isn't the only Light Heavy in the world.

Comment

So you're in favor of hopkins sitting out for the rest of the year and fight Dawson when he's 46 for less money?
        No, im also not in favour of him calling out david haye before the jones fight, then a borefest against jones, then calling out a SMW. After bhop saw haye-ruiz, he wanted no part of haye. Bhop should retire.

Comment

No, im also not in favour of him calling out david haye before the jones fight, then a borefest against jones, then calling out a SMW. After bhop saw haye-ruiz, he wanted no part of haye. Bhop should retire.
          Haye actually turned the fight down.

So uh, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            You want him to fight another guy that isn't his weight. Just great!!!! Dawson isn't the only Light Heavy in the world.
            Come on, let's not use the size thing. Bute fought at LH for about half his career and is 6'2. Fighting at 170 wouldn't be a factor and bute would still be the heavy favorite.

Who else is there at light heavyweight?

Glen Johnson - already beat him and/or may have fight with Tavoris Cloud
            Antonio Tarver - already beat him
            Jean Pascal - sheduled to fight dawson.
            Tavoris Cloud - M.I.A and/or may have fight with Glen Johnson

I don't see anyone.

the two choices I see for hopkins at this point are:

Bute in Canada, soon.
            Dawson at end of year/early 2011.

That's basically it. People say James Toney. He has a contract with UFC and cannot box while under contract.

Who else?? Danny Green?

Comment

Haye declined Hopkins offer so I don't know what you're smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Haye actually turned the fight down.

So uh, yeah.
                IF Haye agreed to the bhop fight, Haye would batter him. Then after the fight, everyone would say, why is haye picking on bhop, a LH when theres the klits wating to fight him.

Im not in favour of bhop calling out SMW

Comment

YesI know that Bute is a huge name in Canada and sells laods of tix there. But Dawson is the geniune LH, Bute isnt. Bhop was talking about moving to HW, now hes picking on SMW
                  same garbage story with hopkins....talks about fighting dawson, haye, the klitchkos, etc., but in reality he's lining up another shot fighter or two divisions smaller fighter who is a real draw...i don't see how this guy has any fans except for NASA666...

Comment

Haye declined Hopkins offer so I don't know what you're smoking.
                    IF Haye agreed to the bhop fight, Haye would batter him. Then after the fight, everyone would say, why is haye picking on bhop, a LH when theres the klits wating to fight him.

Im not in favour of bhop calling out SMW

Comment

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact hopkins DID in fact want to figth Haye, at heavyweight for his title after the jones fight and haye declined.

Whether or not hopkins would have got his ass kicked is not in question, simply correcting your error.

Comment

Working...
                      X