No announcement yet.

Loma's Dad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma's Dad

Interesting guy: He had his son boxing basically since birth and raised a child prodigy, using all types of unique methods, some out of the box stuff, but at the same time obviously stressed the fundamentals. (It helps that his son happens to have freak athleticism)

I know he worked with the successful Ukrainian national team but how do you guys think he would be as a trainer for other fighters? And would he even entertain it or would he just be a one fighter trainer like Canelo's team?

I would be interested to see him work with some of the Russian speaking fighters that may need to freshen up on their technical skills.

Virgil Hunter is similar in that he has been with Andre Ward since he was a young kid and has molded him and done a masterful job, but most trainer's don't have their fighter until they are adults, so the complete molding just isn't possible. For example, Hunter obviously couldn't change Angulo very much (which is ok) but how do you think Loma's pops with other fighters?

Just because you can raise one fighter from birth or as a young child does not mean you can be an elite trainer. Some people just have a great bond(especially with their child) where that person would literally run through a damn brick wall if you told them to BECAUSE THEY TRUST YOU 100 PERCENT!!!

Comment

I wish the Ukrainian fighters from London 2012 like Gvozdyk, Taras, Berinchyk, etc., would hook up with him again

I think he's one of the smartest and most innovative trainers in the sport and since turning pro he has evolved as rapidly as his son has

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        Just because you can raise one fighter from birth or as a young child does not mean you can be an elite trainer. Some people just have a great bond(especially with their child) where that person would literally run through a damn brick wall if you told them to BECAUSE THEY TRUST YOU 100 PERCENT!!!
        Dude, are you dense? He was a coach with the National Team of Ukraine where they won the most medals with him. Right now Ukraine has gone down the sink without him as a coach there.

Comment

Definitely agree. I'm just wondering if he would have some success with established fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Dude, are you dense? He was a coach with the National Team of Ukraine where they won the most medals with him. Right now Ukraine has gone down the sink without him as a coach there.
            Not dense at all man,lots of fathers have raised great athletes but that doesnt mean they would be great trainers or coaches to others..sometimes they can sometimes they cant....

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              Definitely agree. I'm just wondering if he would have some success with established fighters.
              very possible..it all depends on the bond...having knowledge is one thing but that fighter has to invest in you and you have to invest in them

Comment

I assumed we were talking about Salido here

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                  I assumed we were talking about Salido here
                  LOL i hate you but that was funny

Comment

Lomachenko is not the only person he was training lol, he basically trained all Ukranian team in Olympics and they had a lot of success under his wing plus he got his own boxing club in their hometown

Comment

Working...
                    X