Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: We Got Grimy, We Got Dirty, Slowly Took Kovalev's Heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    if that happens..... then I will congratulate Kovalev for achieving something that he failed to do in the first fight but, that is unlikely imho..... I said that the first fight will go to a decision, and that a Ward decision was the most likely outcome..... and I definitely feel that the rematch will unfold the same way, with Ward winning a close fight could be wrong already looking forward to it
    Alright we'll hold you to it, but I'm sure you or some of the other Ward fanboys will come up with some excuses... he was sick... broken toe... argument with wife.... had to poop... no one respects him so he was sad... didn't win at Lotto last Saturday.... it was raining outside.... whatever...

Bottom line is, Kovalev won, the fight was fixed for the golden medal winner to be launched, and he's getting thrashed next fight. And if it goes the other way, legit, then I'll admit it. But this past Saturday was a robbery, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Alright we'll hold you to it, but I'm sure you or some of the other Ward fanboys will come up with some excuses... he was sick... broken toe... argument with wife.... had to poop... no one respects him so he was sad... didn't win at Lotto last Saturday.... it was raining outside.... whatever...

Bottom line is, Kovalev won, the fight was fixed for the golden medal winner to be launched, and he's getting thrashed next fight. And if it goes the other way, legit, then I'll admit it. But this past Saturday was a robbery, plain and simple.

not me bro

I think that Ward was underdone for that fight and will be much sharper/stronger in the rematch, especially after those 12 tough rounds and another camp with Mackie Shilstone..... but I make no excuses for that somewhat-lucky victory

I also think that Ward will make better adjustments in the rematch, and will likely pull out some new looks for that fight.

I think Ward edged that fight, but I have no problem with anyone saying they think Kovalev won..... the best result would have been a draw, simply so that Kovalev could keep his titles.

But you are crazy calling that a robbery, straight up......that was far too close to regard as a robbery, I suggest that you watch the fight again.

If Kovalev had gotten the nod, a LOT of fans/insiders would be questioning the decision.

Comment

If Kovalev had gotten the nod, a LOT of fans/insiders would be questioning the decision.

Kovalev failed to put Ward away when he had him down..... Kovalev failed to get back on top after Ward started touching him up in the middle rounds..... Kovalev failed to finish strong..... and he failed to close out the championship rounds

oh, and he missed a LOT of punches

a draw would have been fine..... but, just saying ^^

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Kovalev has already said he made a mistake by holding back. And no one said facial damage was anything more than facial damage. But in THIS case, it's the markings of a beaten fighter. Kovalev landed more, harder punches, kept pressing forward, and he was the champ. I'm not sure what language you speak there bud, but it certainly isn't normal English. I'll call this one a career. See ya, friend.

I'll come back here any feking time I want bubba. You got a problem with that, go see our credit manager Helen Wate. Too bad your brain is so banged up, or you'd be able to use normal thought processes to read what I wrote. Just another ee-diott Ward fanboy. What else do we expect?
          You're insults are just as weak as your boxing knowledge....LAME

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            All this downplaying of Kovalev refusing to give him any credit is making me feel Ward isn't feeling having a rematch.
            Whether Ward wants it or not it's in his contract.

Comment

he missed a LOT of punches, and that bodywork had an effect
              Kovalev did miss some shots, but what's that got to do with it? Kovalev landed more punches than did Ward as well as the more telling shots. And that's all that matters.

Those slaps to the body didn't have any affect at all on Kov. But go ahead and try and convince yourself of that like most people are doing. It's nothing more than delusion you're going through.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                Kovalev did miss some shots, but what's that got to do with it? Kovalev landed more punches than did Ward as well as the more telling shots. And that's all that matters.

Those slaps to the body didn't have any affect at all on Kov. But go ahead and try and convince yourself of that like most people are doing. It's nothing more than delusion you're going through.

that is why he was fatigued, despite throwing fewer punches than normal..... that combined with the fact that he had to go the full 12 rounds against an opponent who was fighting back..... which is a rarity for The Krusher

Comment

a draw would have been the best result, that way Ward could keep his undefeated record, Sergey could keep his titles, and we most likely still get a rematch.....

but, oh well..... moving on !

or not ?

Comment

that is why he was fatigued, despite throwing fewer punches than normal..... that combined with the fact that he had to go the full 12 rounds against an opponent who was fighting back..... which is a rarity for The Krusher
                    Kovalev didn't miss enough punches to tire over the 12 rounds. It clearly was all the grappling. But if you want to convince yourself of that as well then go for it. It's not my problem you're making outlandish claims and suffer from delusion.

Good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                      Kovalev didn't miss enough punches to tire over the 12 rounds. It clearly was all the grappling. But if you want to convince yourself of that as well then go for it. It's not my problem you're making outlandish claims and suffer from delusion.

Good day to you.

he absolutely did !

Kovalev missed a TON of punches starting in the early rounds

that is damn tiring man, try it

also, very few of his landed punches hit cleanly, and a lot of those supposed landed punches hit arms, shoulders, glove..... I take no notice of compubox, because it is notoriously inaccurate

Comment

Working...
                      X