Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporter asks Danny Jacobs how much money he was offered to fight GGG

https://youtu.be/BgXTTGV7WUI?t=1m26s

The look on his face says it all.

Jacobs is saying, since you can't afford me allow me to build my name so we can have the fight on a platform that will pay for itself, which is PPV.

When HBO gave Golovkin his first showcase fight. A fight where they said pick whomever you want to pick and we'll give you a date. GGG picked Willie Monroe Jr and paid him $100,000 for an HBO World Championship Boxing fight on HBO in a sold out arena.
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 06-29-2016, 05:28 AM.

How much do you think jacobs want? And how much do you think he really deserves?

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
      How much do you think jacobs want? And how much do you think he really deserves?
      How much was he offered? Has anybody asked Tom Loeffler? I saw an interview with him last week and Jacobs wasn't even brought up. Why are these youtube vloggers asking better questions than members of the media?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        How much was he offered? Has anybody asked Tom Loeffler? I saw an interview with him last week and Jacobs wasn't even brought up. Why are these youtube vloggers asking better questions than members of the media?
        How would I know? And im asking for your opinion

Comment

All this Jacobs vs GGG stuff could end if the WBA was more like the IBF and just order the fight, but team Jacobs will not like that because GGG team will not care to win the purse bid

Comment

the fight will go to purse bid and the purses will already be set so why are you complaining about money? he's not getting 4-5 million dollars because no one makes that much but canelo. just drop the interim belt if you don't want to fight. you aren't making 4-5 millino to fight mora or complaining about your purse for a fight that he himself says is a waste of time against sergio bora

Comment

did ggg haters suddenly lose their brains? its like they don't know how boxing works anymore? for years they were financial analysts breaking down numbers left and right(to try and explain floyds ducks) but now they don't know a thing?

you keep bringing up monroe jr only made 100k. thats becuse he's not a draw and he's willie monroe jr. thats how boxing works. you usually get paid based on your drawing power. floyd fans should know this smh. macklin made almost as much as ggg. geale made almost as much as ggg. lemiuex made 1.5 million dollars. even wade made 500k because he was the mandatory. jacobs only made 500k to fight mora so he's just ducking.

jacobs would obv get a very fair deal if he fought ggg but once again it depends on how much money is out there for that fight. would each guy get 2 million? maybe somewhere in that area but 4-5 is not realistic just for jacobs. where does that money come from? this isn't al "i love to lose money" haymon. unfortunately haymon overpaid jacobs and quillin and this is the result. jacobs was more than happy to make 500k to fight mora and prob wont make much more in the rematch but he wont fight ggg for much more. that is ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                How would I know? And im asking for your opinion
                U think they cloned Gucci?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  did ggg haters suddenly lose their brains? its like they don't know how boxing works anymore? for years they were financial analysts breaking down numbers left and right(to try and explain floyds ducks) but now they don't know a thing?

you keep bringing up monroe jr only made 100k. thats becuse he's not a draw and he's willie monroe jr. thats how boxing works. you usually get paid based on your drawing power. floyd fans should know this smh. macklin made almost as much as ggg. geale made almost as much as ggg. lemiuex made 1.5 million dollars. even wade made 500k because he was the mandatory. jacobs only made 500k to fight mora so he's just ducking.

jacobs would obv get a very fair deal if he fought ggg but once again it depends on how much money is out there for that fight. would each guy get 2 million? maybe somewhere in that area but 4-5 is not realistic just for jacobs. where does that money come from? this isn't al "i love to lose money" haymon. unfortunately haymon overpaid jacobs and quillin and this is the result. jacobs was more than happy to make 500k to fight mora and prob wont make much more in the rematch but he wont fight ggg for much more. that is ducking.
                  Like that coward ducked Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    I believe he was offered first 1 million. Someone posted that info here few days ago. But if that was the firsto offer then it could easily went up to 1,5-2 millions. And that's paying Jacobs very well.

Comment

Working...
                    X