No announcement yet.

Who is better: Golovkin or Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Matthysse the better pro record, Golovkin the more skilled fighter (imo).
    I second this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I want to see GGG and Ward so bad their both the best at what they do.
      I would pay to see this fight is PPV worthy.

Comment

Not sure yet. I'll know when GGG steps up the comp against someone like Quillen, Martinez, Chavez jr or even Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Matthysse the better pro record, Golovkin the more skilled fighter (imo).
          If I'm not mistaken you don't think much of Matthysse. I saw you refer to him as overrated on another thread.

Does this have anything to do with Amir Khan by any chance? Since Garcia knocked him out and is now fighting Lucas to crown the best 140 pounder in the world?
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-23-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

GGG is easily the better all around boxer! If your amatuer record is filled with world wide tourneys and you've lost 5 out of 305 I think your record is a bit better than a "pretty good" record!!!
            Hopefully their coming tests will yelled more answers about them.
            Lucas needs to be more carefull on the defensive side he is hit fairly easy and that doesn't sit well as your competition gets better!
            I'm concerned abit about GGG's cheek bones and eye brows!! Without having my hands to see I'd say his skin is medium density and I don't think his bones are problems I do notice blood rushing to those areas and redness appears quickly! Just an observation on both boys, if they keep KOing guys it won't make any difference even if my guesstimations are right!! Ray.

Comment

Matthyse better pro resume, Golovkin more promising skills.

Am I the only one that thinks it's not going to be as easy for Golovkin to dominate at 168 lbs? A lot of people think GGG easily takes apart anyone from 168. GGG vs. Ward would be a great fight, it's not going to be a blowout. Hell, I've even seen people that said GGG could go up to light-heavy and take out B-hop, which is just ridiculous

Comment

Matthysse is overrated on this board by pretty much everyone, IMO. Good fighter, but not great.

GGG still got to really prove he is what I think he is, but at the moment I'd go with GGG, no doubt about it.

Comment

I think Golovkin but Matthysse maybe has a better record...unofficiallly he has a better record.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  I really don't see tje Maidana comparison at all. Maidana is sloppy as hell. Matthysse is sharper with his punching and actually counter punches, something Maidana doesn't do.

With that said, ggg is the more skilled fighter of the two imo.
                  I like Maidana's crazy ass but I have to agree that Lucas is not a Maidana. If they fought now I take Matthysse without blinking. I think he's another level.

Comment

Hard to say. Lucas has fought all styles. Brawlers, boxers, movers.

GGG has yet to fight a good technically sound boxer that is a mover. I dont think he would have that much trouble because he cuts off the ring really well. But at the moment it seems like lucas has face the better competition.

GGG is older than lucas and has achieved less, I'm glad he is fighting like 4-5 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                      I want to see GGG and Ward so bad their both the best at what they do.
                      I would pay to see this fight is PPV worthy.
                      Ward beats GGG because he's awkward, fast and slick. It doesn't make GGG any less of a great fighter, but that's how their styles end up matching each other. Ward beat everyone in the Super 6 and then some, and KO'd Chad Dawson who was not long ago considered the best pure boxer in the sport.

You just don't do that by accident. And I'm not a fan of Andre Ward at all. I don't really like the guy's personality or style. I wish GGG could beat him, but it just doesn't work that way. GGG is a great fighter though, doesn't diminish him at all. That's just how it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X