Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all the sudden are people acting like Marquez fighting at ww is good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the sudden are people acting like Marquez fighting at ww is good?

When Floyd fought him he caught flack cause"oh he made Marquez come up 2 divisions" "Marquez looks like crap at ww" Marquez should never fight over 135"...Now all the sudden its a great fight with Manny??But Floyd should get"0"0 credit for dominating and dominating him 2 years ago? I don't understand the posters on this site,how can you get excited about Manny fighting Marquez and not give Floyd any credit for dominating him 2 years ago?.This is laughable Floyd made him look like a child,he toyed with him in the ring,yet people are excited about the fight with Manny 2 years later?

there are people on both sides.

some think pac is going to kill him and he shouldn't get any credit, some think it's going to be a competitive fight because styles make fights and/or the size difference wont be as big of a deal.

With the jmm-floyd fight there are two things:

1). floyd didn't bother making the catchweight and came in over weight (paid marquez $600k as a result)

2). Bad match-up for Marquez. Floyd fought brilliantly and marquez was forced to play the role of the aggressor and chase floyd around the ring, walking into traps. That's not marquez' game. He's best when he's the counter puncher, hence why he's done so well against pac (he'd let pac come to him and make a mistake and capitalize off it.

It's two totally different fighters, two totally different styles and I suspect two totally different outcomes. While Floyd vs Marquez wasn't competitive, I do believe Pac-JMM III will be. That DOESN'T mean floyd shouldn't get any credit either. It wasn't his size that beat Marquez necessarily, it was his game and the style matchup.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 11-09-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I know whose alt this is.

Comment

mayweather is naturally much bigger which is why it makes sense for him to fight guys at 154 while pac is a lot smaller at ww which is why it makes him to fight people at 147 and 140, the marquez one is just all about history, its something that can be excused because of two tight first two fights

unlike mayweather, pac will meet the catchweight and not gain an additional advantage

marquez was also poorly conditioned in the floyd fight which he admitted, against pac he will be twice the fighter

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          mayweather is naturally much bigger which is why it makes sense for him to fight guys at 154 while pac is a lot smaller at ww which is why it makes him to fight people at 147 and 140, the marquez one is just all about history, its something that can be excused because of two tight first two fights

unlike mayweather, pac will meet the catchweight and not gain an additional advantage

marquez was also poorly conditioned in the floyd fight which he admitted, against pac he will be twice the fighter

Pacquiao is not coming off a 2 year lay off like Mayweather , he is not fighting the number 2 Pound for Pound fighter and Marquez is now 38 YEARS OLD .

Comment

It's always like that. It seems to be a major double standard. Floyd beat Shane Mosley and Bob Arum said that it was a shame to see him get old in the ring. Basically saying that Floyd's dominating performace had nothing to do with him winning. One year later, Bob Arum's saying that Mosley's the fastest fighter that Manny's ever faced, he was saying that Shane Mosley was going to be a more competitive fight than a fight with Marquez.

It's always a double standard but I've learned how to view it in a positive light. Because Floyd's so good at what he does, nothing is ever good enough. Since Manny's not quite as good, what he does will always be the greatest thing ever.

After Saturday night, assuming Pacquiao wins, the focus will go back to the fight we've wanted for over 2 years now. Floyd wants Manny on May 5th. Roach acts like he's game so I hope to hear good things.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post

^^^^^see what i mean ******ed posts like this amaze me

Comment

Havent you heard? Marquez is undergoing a new unheard of superhuman miracle training regimen that will make him fight like he is a natural 25yo welterweight. After he KOs Pacquiao, athletes around the world are going to be blowing up his phone for his miracle training tips. Yuriorkis Gamboa will use Marquez's miracle training so we can pay PPV to see Mayweather-Gamboa and give Mayweather full credit if he wins. Adrien Broner will use Marquez's miracle training and we can all pay PPV to see Mayweather-Broner and give credit to Mayweather for the win. Roy Jones Jr will use Marquez's miracle training then we can all pay PPV to see Hopkins-Jones 3. Mosley will use Marquez's miracle training then we can all pay PPV to see Pacquiao-Mosley 2.
                Last edited by Zarco; 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
                  Pacquiao is not coming off a 2 year lay off like Mayweather , he is not fighting the number 2 Pound for Pound fighter and Marquez is now 38 YEARS OLD .
                  Thank you. Tell 'em. Let's not forget that these guys are claiming that this is a grudge match. It's a fight that Manny wants because he wants to make Marquez pay for the publicity incidents. It's funny because JMM was beasting for the fight and they decided to go after the 39 year old fighter who wasn't the #1 welterweight any longer. They waited for Marquez to age a little more.

the thing that disturbs me about Pacquiao is how he's seemingly unwilling to take on these fighters when they are on top. Marquez was P4P #2. Why didn't Pacquiao settle his issue with him then? Shane Mosley was the #1 ranked welterweight fighter on the landscape. Why didn't he add that name to his resume at that time?

I don't always want to sound like someone who's hating on Manny Pacquiao. I don't hate on him as a person. I hate on the *******s who claim this guy is P4P above all else who has come before him. I hate on the way I get robbed when I wanted to see a matchup like #1 P4P Pacquiao vs #2 P4P Marquez in late 2009. I got robbed of seeing WBA Welterweight Super Champion Shane Mosley vs WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao in spring 2010. Instead, I get Shane Mosley after he's been proved to be done. I get Marquez with the hopes of added weight slowing him down. Both in their late 30's and their best days are behind them.

It seems that Top Rank and Team Pacquiao were doing what they could do to attempt to make Floyd Mayweather irrelelvant. However, not taking fights against P4P #2 and #1 ranked Welterweight Champion, allowing Mayweather to face them 1st, keeps Mayweather relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post

I know whose alt this is.

He doesn't even try and hide it

Comment

Working...
                    X