Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What consists of your typical boxing training session?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDB15 View Post
    wow im glad i dont go to your gym lol. i get gassed after a 2 mile run haha. but i havent really done any training for 4 months, wish i didnt stop now, reading that i realised that i could probably do that if i ran a lot and still went to the gym.

how much do you charge at your gym?

good thing is im going to start again and its nearly summer so im gonna swim aswell
    It's not my gym, I'm not the owner but I am a trainer there. I actually train at 2 gyms, one in the Palm Beach area and one here in South Florida.

Cardio is #1 for me, I get you in shape before we do anything else. If your not in shape, you have no business boxing.

Comment

Warming up 15 mins
      Pads 20 mins
      Sparring 20 mins
      Bagwork 20 mins
      Cooling down 15 mins

Comment

my gym is on a hill so we do a few movements to warm up then go out and do running drills on the hill varying between sprints and longer intervals (normally for around 30mins)

come back inside and do 4-6x3min shadowboxing

4x3min ab drills

normally 6x3min bags/skipping (change over after the rounds)

finish with a circuit

while thats goin on we can go spar or do pads, we can also stay and do pads/bagwork after.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          It's not my gym, I'm not the owner but I am a trainer there. I actually train at 2 gyms, one in the Palm Beach area and one here in South Florida.

Cardio is #1 for me, I get you in shape before we do anything else. If your not in shape, you have no business boxing.
          100 percent agree

Comment

Originally posted by Flows View Post
            100% the same as you.

Stretch - 5/10 mins

Shadow box - 3x3 min rounds (2 rounds are with small handweights)

Bagwork, various bags - 6x3 minute rounds

Circuit training - 6x3 minute rounds

Finish up with sit ups, press ups etc - usually for around 10-15 minutes.

We also work on technique a few times a week, and also padwork.

Also, on the nights we are sparring, we reduce the amount of time spent on bags and maybe only do 4x3 min rounds on circuit training.

oh apart from when we go out running doing cardio.
            When you say circuit training what exactly do you mean can you outline an example? thanks

Comment

30 minutes of shadowboxing.

6 rounds of bag work
              6 rounds of mit work
              6 rounds for a mix of various boxing exercise like floor to ceiling bag, speed bag.

Or

20 minute warm up
              6 rounds of mit work
              6 rounds of sparring.

1 hour of various weight training from classic bodybuilding training to sled dragging and olympic lifts.

But this is what I do not to keep myself in decent shape. When I fought training was much different

Comment

[QUOTE=cuauhtemoc1496;8287697]It's not my gym, I'm not the owner but I am a trainer there. I actually train at 2 gyms, one in the Palm Beach area and one here in South Florida.

Cardio is #1 for me, I get you in shape before we do anything else. If your not in shape, you have no business boxing.[/QUOTE]

i've seen a few of the kids in my club lose fights because they weren't in shape even though they had great skills. when i train them, i make them sweat as much as i can to get their lazy asses in shape

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                  This is the truth, you can have all the skills in the world but if you dont have the stamina to last a round your skills are useless.

Ive started training cardio alot more lately, I used to do alot of strength training outside of the gym but Ive started making my training sessions much more cardio intensive. Burpees are extremely useful if Im not able to go running, also doing a couple of sets of stair running are good aswell (I live in a flat).

Cardio is 10x harder to train compared to strength training in my opinion. Its pretty easy to grind out a bunch of pushups even when your arms and shoulders are burning, but doing burpees whilst you're still gasping for air from the last set, now thats a killer and a half.

EDIT: I know my cardio isnt great, its not bad but its nowhere near the level it should be, and it definately holds me back in sparring, I always have a niggling feeling at the back of my mind like I need to conserve my energy since I know its not great and so I'll not use enough footwork, head and body movement and I'll throw much less then I should in fear of gassing out. My point is, cardio is muchos important.
                  Last edited by Chip2006uk; 05-08-2010, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I usually start off with some stretching, using weights to warm up the muscles. Then I jump rope for 15-20 minutes to get a nice sweat going.

Then I shadow-box 3-4 rounds, followed by 4-5 rounds on the heavy bag. I follow that up with 3-4 rounds on the double-end bag, then my exercises (pushups, crunches, pullups, etc.)

Comment

wkae up at 400 run till 530sleep till ten

train again at 1130

lunch at 200

train circut training in the afternoon at 400

i can only do this durring the summer cuase i dont have enough time durring the school year to train twice a day

but i do the same **** as you pretty much

also sparring

i warm up before my work out and then strech afterwards

i learned that it ws better to do it that way from a physical therapist

Comment

Working...
                      X