• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Sure thing, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Holding the Quintero fight against Broner is like holding the Doug Jones fight against Ali, one that many felt he lost when he young and coming up.

Broner-Ponce could have gone either way, Ponce landed more I felt, but Broner landed the cleaner punches, and neither really ended the fight on high note or standing out as doing the better work. I had it a draw.

But if you can't see Broner is a different fighter than he was at 21 when he took his first step up in competition, than I don't know what to say.

I love how people are excusing Burns for straight up ducking Broner for the second time now. Hopefully Burns can manage to beat Vazquez, and they can fight in the summer.

Why is Vazauez thought of as #1??? He beat Prescott, who wasn't even in the Top 10 at the time, but yeah that was a good solid win for him. He beat Kim, who also wasn't in the Top 10 at the time, for a vacant title. He beat Quintero, struggled a bit in that fight by the way, who also wasn't Top 10 at the time. And he beat Gesta, who also wasn't Top 10 at the time. Burns is the FIRST FIGHTER VAZQUEZ HAS FOUGHT THAT WAS RANKED INSIDE THE TOP 10 AT 135.....and people say he's the real #1 at 135??? Get out of here....
      Great info. Owning Broner haters left in right on every thread. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
        they didn't miss the story, just playing their role as hater... it doesnt matter who they put in front of him, just like floyd ppl still will complain..

if he whoop vazquez in may... then there will be somethign else.. move up, u can make welter... fight canelo.. sergio... the list willl go on
        And that's a good thing, cuz we get to see them owned over and over as Broner's career moves forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
          Am I the only one looking forward to this? I'm gonna enjoy watching Broner pummel this Welsh midget.
          Broner is going to be fun to watch, no matter who he fights.

Comment

Broner is the #1 lightweight

Trust me, I am no Broner supporter but he definitely is the number 1 lightweight. Just think about it, in a Division where DeMarco, Vasquez and Burns are top 5, its really not that hard to be. I do like the fact that Broner is (supposedly) willing to unify the division, I really dont care who it is whether its a fighter I like or one that I hate, its always nice to see a true champ with all the belts. And even though I consider the lightweights to be a "light" division "if" Broner unifies all the belts, he will deserve to be on the Rings top 10 p4p list, where on the list IDK but he should be there. I just hope once he does, the JWW division is still stacked then we will see if the guy is elite or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

If Burns ducked Broner why is he instead fighting the tougher opponent stylistically then?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Broner is better than anyone with Vasquez's style, including Vasquez. That is a foolish question. Do you actually think Vasquez will beat Broner if he beats Burns?
              Yes. As flat footed as Broner is Vazquez will 1-2 and run his way to an easy UD. Unless you got good footwork and know how to cut the ring off you ain't beating Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Yes. As flat footed as Broner is Vazquez will 1-2 and run his way to an easy UD. Unless you got good footwork and know how to cut the ring off you ain't beating Vazquez.

Thanks for your reply. How many of your points would you be willing to bet if this fight comes off? All of them?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                  Another bum for Broner, eh? It must be hard to be a champ and sell fights when you fight nothing but bum after bum. Didn't even watch the conference, as I do not want to hear Broner's unwarranted arrogance toward a bum, especially after he lost to PDL by UD and was given a robbery decision.

The guy is a joke.
                  Get over it. You act like Ponce was your brother or something. You calling Broner a joke, makes you the joke. The kid can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                    Thanks for your reply. How many of your points would you be willing to bet if this fight comes off? All of them?
                    I only bet all my points on my fighters and Vazquez is not one of them. But if the fight comes off Im willing to put up a good share amount of points. Gotta see how I do this weekend and how many pts I have by then, If the fight gets done which I doubt it will.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      I only bet all my points on my fighters and Vazquez is not one of them. But if the fight comes off Im willing to put up a good share amount of points. Gotta see how I do this weekend and how many pts I have by then, If the fight gets done which I doubt it will.
                      OK we'll wait till then. I don't want to bet all your points, just wanted to see how sure you were about Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X