Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Hopkins has looked very vulnerable in his last couple of fights and I can see Chad Dawson countering with his uppercuts and hooks whenever hopkins jumps forwards.
    Yes, No Contest and Rematch should be granted.
    61.90%
    No, leave the decision the way it was.
    38.10%

Yes. Every time Hopkins fights from here on out he is a underdog to me. I know he has a lot of boxing skills but his age has to catch up with him eventually. I really want him to pull out the W but he does get caught a lot. Chad D is a big guy and if Hopkins is not careful he can get K.O.Ed

Comment

If he turns old overnight then I could see it happening. That's the thing with Bernard from now on, when will age become a big factor. We are yet to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartMoney View Post
        Hopkins has looked very vulnerable in his last couple of fights and I can see Chad Dawson countering with his uppercuts and hooks whenever hopkins jumps forwards.
        Anything can happen, but I don't think we saw any cracks in the ship in Pascal 2. I think those jumps Hopkins does are very calculated. He's in rhthym and timing his opponent when he puts himself out there. It's not like he's loading up or trying desperately to reach his opponent.

It's him seeing his man out of position or excessive vulnerability when he opens himself up like that. I personally doubt he'd jump in on Dawson if he was in position to or even near position to sit down on a counter uppercut or hook.

Hopkins generally follows his attacks by tying up or getting the hell out. Hurting Hopkins is possible b/c I think Dawson is secretly a very good puncher. However, I think if Dawsons sits down on his punches, Hopkins will pick him apart very quickly.

Comment

considering Hopkins has rarely been knocked down in a fight let alone KO'd in a fight...i doubt it...but....of course it could happen no doubt...more of a chance Dawson KO's Hop than Hop KO Dawson

Comment

Couple of weeks ago I didnt care for this fight. But now im really pumped up.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartMoney View Post
              Couple of weeks ago I didnt care for this fight. But now im really pumped up.
              Because the outcome is very uncertain and it's going to be interesting to see how their respective styles clash.

Comment

dawson hasn't stopped anyone in over 4 years. hop is too defensive

Comment

certainly possible. He'll be 47 in jan, his legs have been pretty shaky last two fights, anything can happen. Age will get him eventually if he's not careful.

With that said, I personally THINK pascal is a harder, more explosive hitter than dawson. I reckon hopkins will SEE the punches coming from dawson most of the time. Now getting out of the way is another question.

But sure, it's certainly possible.

Props to bhop taking this fight. Showing floyd & pacquiao what "risk taking" is all about.

Comment

I wouldn't rule it out. He's looked much more vulnerable in his last couple fights. Still though, I see this going the distance, being close and ugly.

Comment

Working...
                    X