Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Calderon really beat up on De La Hoya in sparring on top of Valero owning him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victor Ortiz beat on Oscar for a bit before leaving camp early for unknown reasons. Valero then took his turn raping ODLH for about 8 rounds before being thrown out by the head trainer. According to Oscar's strength and conditioning coach, Valero destroyed him as bad as Pacquiao did in the actual fight. The only difference was the headgear and big sparring gloves.

Comment

People love to exaggerate. All that was said about the DLH-Calderon sparring is that Oscar couldn't hit him. Calderon was too quick and he couldn't be caught. Nobody got beat up.

Comment

Here's a link and direct quote from Roach's blog:
        http://www.ringtv.com/blog/33/freddie_roach_blog/
        Nov. 16, 2008

At first, I thought putting this fight together would be impossible because Manny and Oscar were in different weight classes. Then I started thinking about it. After I trained Oscar, I realized he had trouble with smaller guys and southpaws. Oscar sparred with Ivan Calderon, the former 105-pound champion, when I trained him for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight because I wanted someone real quick. Calderon slapped Oscar around like it was unbelievable. I said between rounds one time, “Oscar, I want you to hit him one shot to show him who’s boss.” He couldn’t do it. I got mad at him. I told him the same thing another time; we used Calderon for a couple of days. I said, “Go ahead and hit that little mother.” Again, he couldn’t do it. Calderon was too quick and had a southpaw stance, like Manny does. That’s when I thought of Manny. I knew then it was a winnable fight.

Comment

what the hell? CALDERON WAS BEATING HIS ASS UP?

I can see Valero knocking him out but CALDERON? This guy is barely 100 lbs LMAO

Comment

Man that just makes Floyd's win over de la hoya look even worse if a lil midget was knocking his ass around ... LMAO

How horrible. Hoya is DONE

Comment

My god.for the 6582586 time calderon boxed oscars ears off.he was mummed.ppl forget that in sparring those boxers don't weigh what they do fight night.re re's

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
                Man that just makes Floyd's win over de la hoya look even worse if a lil midget was knocking his ass around ... LMAO

How horrible. Hoya is DONE
                Prime Calderon was no joke, if he was atleast 135 pounds he would had made Pac look like a clown

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                  I'm gonna ask the mods to close this thread even though I personally created it. Too much Puerto Rican nuthugging in it.
                  lmao!!!!!!

You're still the king Iceta.

Comment

oscar and floyd are the biggest jokes in boxing in the last ten years. oscar getting outboxed by calderon.....HAHAHAHHAHAHHAH and I thought it could get any worse for the fishnet, wig and panty wearing tranny lmao

and when i thought it couldnt get any worse for floyd he get charged with 8 counts (some felonys) and its gonna get locked up in the prime of his career lmao, dont forget the ky gel floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      I know that's what Roach said when the DLH/Manny fight came about, because when DLH was training for Floyd they wanted a slick boxer smaller in stature and Ivan fit the bill.

The end result was DLH getting his ears boxed off according to Roach and his people...
                      There was all this BS from Roach in the lead up to the Manny fight. All BS though. Roach was vengeful by that time of Oscar.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X