Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Daniel "The Real Deal" Geale vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin by stoppage.

Geale is alright, he has an okay win over a faded sturm who in all honesty was lucky to still have his belt after macklin and Barker.

I can see geale morphing into the typical aussie champion though, mundane was the first sign, thatwwasn't a fight anyone wanted to see, now there's talk of fighting Sam soliman

That easy dollar down under is hard to say no to

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      On paper? he actually beat those guys. Rankings arent who you think will win fantasy fights, otherwise Floyd Mayweather would be the GOAT of boxing seeing as he wins all fantasy fights.

Calling fighters who havent proven anything at all like N'Dam, who lost his only good fight "better" then proven fighters is rather naive
      Floyd Mayweather is probably the GOAT of boxing if you consider the last 30 years (yeah I went there and compared him with Leonard and co) but Floyd almost always lose his fantasy fights. It's only after he beats the dudes people start downplaying everything he does, as usual. One thousand posts can confirm that if you care to search.

Comment

so much for the hugeness of Geale's win over Sturm.

Comment

Geale has improved, tightened up his defense and is on a bit of a roll but the guy lacks power, is too willing to trade & has a glass jaw.

Golovkin knocks him out.

Don't let it fool you Geale hasn't been down in a while, he has a bad chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Golovkin by stoppage.

Geale is alright, he has an okay win over a faded sturm who in all honesty was lucky to still have his belt after macklin and Barker.

I can see geale morphing into the typical aussie champion though, mundane was the first sign, thatwwasn't a fight anyone wanted to see, now there's talk of fighting Sam soliman

That easy dollar down under is hard to say no to

I feel the Mundine fight made financial sense & it was an opportunity to avenge his only defeat but I agree, I can see the two Aussies going at it next & him becoming a bit of a hometown fraud.

Whilst he has improved and is ranked high I'd have serious trouble picking him over Sergio, Barker, Golovkin, Macklin, N'Dam or Quillin & maybe a few others. He is pretty average IMO and that jaw is begging to be cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              He is pretty average
              that's not what i was told. i heard that Geale would be a top contender in the strongest of MW eras.

Comment

Geale's glass jaw when was he KO'd? Mundine caught him going backwards and thats it really, he wasn't wobbly or hurt. I swear people just make stuff up.
                Everyone is still on the GGG hype train he hasn't fought anyone that good and it sounds like people think Geale is going to trade with GGG.

Also Geale's trainer is great, he has good game plans and when you see his corner work it's almost zen, I am sure they can/will have a plan.

GGG has never gone into deeps water, what happens when it gets to those championship rounds? Geale has tremendous stamina and work rate, in the Sturm, Kamarzin, Sylvester and Mundine fights he was just as active if not more active in the championship rounds more than the first three.

Now I'm not saying it's a clear win for Geale but it will be way more competitive than most people hear think.

On a side note he will be fighting Soliman as he already lost a title cos he fought Mundine and if he doesn't defend he loses this one aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  On paper? he actually beat those guys. Rankings arent who you think will win fantasy fights, otherwise Floyd Mayweather would be the GOAT of boxing seeing as he wins all fantasy fights.

Calling fighters who havent proven anything at all like N'Dam, who lost his only good fight "better" then proven fighters is rather naive
                  I despise N'dam but he has wins over Khurtsidze and Bursak. I consider both better than Geale's Sylvester win and honestly think the Khurtsidze win is on par with the version of Sturm he beat which is even more pronounced now after the Soliman fight.

H2H i would have Geale vs Khurtsidze a 50/50 fight. Geale deserves to be rated alot higher but based on skill and style i could see Khurtsidze possible beating him. Trying to swarm a monster like Khurtsidze would be foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
                    Geale's glass jaw when was he KO'd? Mundine caught him going backwards and thats it really, he wasn't wobbly or hurt. I swear people just make stuff up.
                    Everyone is still on the GGG hype train he hasn't fought anyone that good and it sounds like people think Geale is going to trade with GGG.

Also Geale's trainer is great, he has good game plans and when you see his corner work it's almost zen, I am sure they can/will have a plan.

GGG has never gone into deeps water, what happens when it gets to those championship rounds? Geale has tremendous stamina and work rate, in the Sturm, Kamarzin, Sylvester and Mundine fights he was just as active if not more active in the championship rounds more than the first three.

Now I'm not saying it's a clear win for Geale but it will be way more competitive than most people hear think.

On a side note he will be fighting Soliman as he already lost a title cos he fought Mundine and if he doesn't defend he loses this one aswell.
                    Geale is a swarmer and he wins rounds with his volume. He does not box from the outside, what the hell else is he going to do?

Golovkin went 10 rounds against Ouma, a southpaw volume puncher who fights in the pocket like Geale, Golovkin put him in the hospital and he hasn't fought since in what was a poor showing by Gennady. Also important is that Geale's chin is nowhere near as sturdy as Ouma.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      Geale is a swarmer and he wins rounds with his volume. He does not box from the outside, what the hell else is he going to do?

Golovkin went 10 rounds against Ouma, a southpaw volume puncher who fights in the pocket like Geale, Golovkin put him in the hospital and he hasn't fought since in what was a poor showing by Gennady. Also important is that Geale's chin is nowhere near as sturdy as Ouma.
                      So you think this is a no contest easy win for GGG?

Also would you rate the version of Ouma Gennady fought above Geale now?
                      Once again I don't dispute GGG has a good chance of beating Geale I just think people are going abit overboard about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X