No announcement yet.

Being hired...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being hired...

Okay, let me get it out of the way for just one second and inform you all that I've had 3 jobs in my life. My first job was working at a fast food joint during college. I took the job just to see what it was like to work. When the next semester came around, I quit in order to dedicate myself to my studies completely.

My next job came as a tutor for a year, one that I thoroughly enjoyed. The hours were flexible, the environment was friendly, and the work was lax.

My next job teaching at a University as a part-time faculty member, where I'm still working. So far, I'm enjoying it and it's great.

Now, here's the thing, I sent resumés to different colleges throughout campuses to see if I would be able to get a job making some money teaching during the Summer, but my problem is this: Why do they always call on very short notice?

For those of you that have different jobs, is it always like this? I mean, they called me today at 10:00am telling me that I would be starting tomorrow. I mean, no week's notice or anything? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for being able to find a job, but have you guys had similar experiences when being hired?

Do they just call you out of the blue and tell you: "You start tomorrow..."

You live in Puerto Rico?

Here in the mainland States the job market is shot up, full of holes like swiss cheese, so that might have something to do with any inquiries.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
      You live in Puerto Rico?

Here in the mainland States the job market is shot up, full of holes like swiss cheese, so that might have something to do with any inquiries.
      Really? I've always believed that, despite the economy being bad, it's actually easier to get a job in the states than it is over here in Puerto Rico.

EVERY SINGLE JOB I'VE HAD HAS BEEN THROUGH PEOPLE PULLING STRINGS OR CONNECTIONS...

It's nasty. If you don't have someone on the inside, your chances of getting a job dwindle.

Comment

Aks Al Bundy.

Comment

Working...
        X