No announcement yet.

Jim Jeffries vs. Comeback George Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Jeffries vs. Comeback George Foreman

Prime Jim Jeffries vs. 40 year old George. Who wins it?

Gotta give this one to Jeffries. He will not be bulled about or over-powered by Foreman, & I think he is upto Foreman's heavy, but combination-starved payloads. He'd out-hustle Foreman with his simply gargantuan advantage in endurance, out-work him, & probably hurt him too.

My only thought, really, is whether or not Foreman will hear the final bell --- although I would not call this fight uncompetitive. Even the old Foreman was, in a number of ways important to this particular match-up, a hell of a task to defeat.

Comment

I anticipated at least one response along the lines of the above, & I'm comfortable at this stage in relying on my own knowledge. Your kind, frankly, can suit themselves.

Comment

Jeffries was a tough guy, but George would destroy him. Can't beat George buy taking punches, only by making him miss.

so I think

Comment

Jeffries wins by Rd.3 KO. There is absolutely no chance that George Foreman of the 90s can beat Jeffries. For on thing, he wont have enough willpower to last the full match, and secondly he never had an outstanding chin............. so........... Jeffries wins this. Hands down.

Comment

I did this match up on another forum a few years ago but it was prime for prime. Under your specifications I think Jeffries wins an easy decision. I just don't think George is fast enough here, and Jeff had a great chin, great stamina, was strong as an ox and was pretty quick on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Devroy Jones View Post
              Jeffries wins by Rd.3 KO. There is absolutely no chance that George Foreman of the 90s can beat Jeffries. For on thing, he wont have enough willpower to last the full match, and secondly he never had an outstanding chin............. so........... Jeffries wins this. Hands down.
              George not having enough willpower? Comeback George took some huge beatings off a prime Holyfield and Moorer and didn't go down. I don't know what you're basing that on. And 3rd round KO? Damn!
              Anyway, I'll give it to George by a late round stoppage. That jab would be in Jeffries' face all night and once he starts following it up with the straight right and the uppercut, it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
              X