Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman: "the whole division is ducking me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've like Thurman before he ever appeared on HBO. But dude needs to move up or shut up.

Fighting him makes zero sense for any of the top welterweights right now. THat's not PBP the fan speaking that's just dealing with the realities of boxing.

Thurman vs. Lara. Let's get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
      Schaefer wants to feed him Porter, a small guy. But Porter opted out because the offer is way too insulting to take.
      A smaller guy? Porter is one of the bigger WWs, he's fought at 154.

Comment

this cold war is killing me

would love to see thurman facing pac-bradley winner
        and yea, maidana has been ducking this guy for awhile

Comment

He should have said "the whole Golden Boy stable is ducking me"

Pac, Bradley, and Provodnikov would fight him if he was with Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I've like Thurman before he ever appeared on HBO. But dude needs to move up or shut up.

Fighting him makes zero sense for any of the top welterweights right now. THat's not PBP the fan speaking that's just dealing with the realities of boxing.

He shouldn't be forced to move up in weight to get fights at this stage in his career.

They can't duck him forever, his time will come.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              Can't blame em. Thurman is low reward, very high risk of getting KTFO'd opponent.
              Why would anyone duck Thurman?

He hits like a mule,has a good chin, and boxing skills.

After all, you only have to fight him..."One Time"

Comment

Keith Thurman's sht talking game is cold. He sent big time shots at Pac and Bradley too.

Comment

Thurman said he'd sign to fight Canelo. Thurman v Lara is interesting, but I'm not sure he'd be the same killer at '54.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    He shouldn't be forced to move up in weight to get fights at this stage in his career.

They can't duck him forever, his time will come.
                    They can and will. Floyd will be unified champ. WBA and WBC

Porter has the IBF and the winner of Porter/Paulie has to fight Brook at the end of the year.

Unless they elevate Floyd to "Super Champion" and give Thurman a shot at the "Regular" WBA title.

Comment

They can and will. Floyd will be unified champ. WBA and WBC

Porter has the IBF and the winner of Porter/Paulie has to fight Brook at the end of the year.

Unless they elevate Floyd to "Super Champion" and give Thurman a shot at the "Regular" WBA title.
                      Probably will. If Collazo beats Khan, that fight might be for the regular title - assuming Collazo is still game.

Comment

Working...
                      X