Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Owners give this killer app a try!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one x and the sg3 dont compete with the Galaxy Nexus, they blow it out of the water. The Xperia S and Evo 4g LTE are also better phones than the nexus. With the Xperia Ion coming out in june.

Its specs are outdated because it only has a dual core 1.2 ghz processor and 5 mp when 1.4+ GHZ processors and 8 mp+ cameras are becoming the standard for high end phones.

Not to mention every company is developing their own quad core, 2 gb memory phones that will be out Q3 - Q4 of this year.

Again, wait til the next generation because they're going to be rolling out soon. And the Galaxy Nexus will look even more outdated than it already is.
    Last edited by Paclan; 05-28-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
      The one x and the sg3 dont compete with the Galaxy Nexus, they blow it out of the water. The Xperia S and Evo 4g LTE are also better phones than the nexus. With the Xperia Ion coming out in june.

Its specs are outdated because it only has a dual core 1.2 ghz processor and 5 mp when 1.4+ GHZ processors and 8 mp+ cameras are becoming the standard for high end phones.

Not to mention every company is developing their own quad core, 2 gb memory phones that will be out Q3 - Q4 of this year.

Again, wait til the next generation because they're going to be rolling out soon. And the Galaxy Nexus will look even more outdated than it already is.
      those phones do not blow the galaxy out of the water dude.

Quadcore is a fad. Developers haven't even started making applications that take advantage of quadcore. The HTC One X is a quad core overseas but it's a dual core in the USA and that dual core benchmarks are up there with every quadcore over seas. You're falling victim to a marketing strategy.

USA will not see quad cores any time soon. American networks are incompatible with the quad core chips. There's a reason why the HTC One X and SGS 3 are quad cores over seas and dual core in the USA. the SGS2 is a dual core and is extremely fast. Don't be a victim of marketing bro, leave that to the Apple boys.

Like I said all these phones you mentioned are going to be outdated when Android 5.0 comes out. It'll be 6 months minimum before these phones get Android 5.0. The Galaxy Nexus will be on 5.0 by end of this year. It's pretty hard to call a phone outdated when it's running the newest and latest software while these other phones are running and OS that's over a year old.

There will be no quad core phones coming to the USA anytime soon, you can bet on that. Hardware is great, but it sucks when the hardware is running an operating system that's a year old. That's what you call outdated. Software > Hardware all day every day even on holidays.
      Last edited by ANDROIDISM; 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

You don't notice it now because most programs don't support Quad-Core yet. But by the time these phones are out, more and more companies will get on board, and eventually every app and program will have Quad-Core support when it becomes the norm.

If you know anything about computers or processors, then you know a good Quad-Processor literally(as the name implies) doubles the processing capacity. Ask any hardcore gamer if they had a choice between a dual core computer and a quad core computer what they would choose and why.

Which is why(for example) the Ps Vita is such a powerhouse with a low processing frequency because it has 4 cores plus an extra graphics proccessor. More cores means less strain.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
          You don't notice it now because most programs don't support Quad-Core yet. But by the time these phones are out, more and more companies will get on board, and eventually every app and program will have Quad-Core support when it becomes the norm.

If you know anything about computers or processors, then you know a good Quad-Processor literally(as the name implies) doubles the processing capacity. Ask any hardcore gamer if they had a choice between a dual core computer and a quad core computer what they would choose and why.

Which is why(for example) the Ps Vita is such a powerhouse with a low processing frequency because it has 4 cores plus an extra graphics proccessor. More cores means less strain.
          If you're going to use the number of cores on your phone as the single metric for performance, you're doing it wrong. -- Greg Sullivan, Senior Product Manager for Microsoft

The reality is that the quad-core could be better, it could be equal, or it could be appreciably worse. -- Nick DiCarlo, Samsung

What people don't realize is you can double the number of chips when you evolve from single-core to dual-core and from dual-core to quad-core, but what you're not doubling are the rest of the resources. All cores still must share a single battery, one pool of memory, and so on. No matter how many cores you have, there's only so much they can share tasks without the help of software.

Multicore won't help you in a world where the apps aren't threaded. -- Greg Sullivan, senior product manager for Microsoft

You should evaluate performance based on real-life tasks, and not on theoretical benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
            can you give me maybe a brief description of what you want to do with this app.
            i want to improve the speaker volume.

also, i have a jawbone speaker which i would like to be louder/better. It seems like low volume is a flaw on this phone

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post

also, i have a jawbone speaker which i would like to be louder/better. It seems like low volume is a flaw on this phone
              try this!

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...h-volume-plus/

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                I just tried this and I'm happy to report your problem is now fixed! just be careful don't raise it to high and blow out speakers. This is awesome though I never had a problem with the volume but this seems to help alot! Just make sure you go to settings>sounds> and select volumne+ then open up the app and make the changes you'd like to make.

Comment

by the way when I first posted this, the app had less than 300 downloads. It's now at 10,000K in about two days lol almost a 5 star rating average!

Comment

Dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                      Dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      yes it is! Have you had a chance to play with it? Also what phone do you have?

Comment

Working...
                      X